PDA

View Full Version : WIP View from the 39th floor

Jim Walsh
03-10-2008, 05:13 PM
This is a view from my office. I still need to flesh-out the details.

Caesar
03-10-2008, 09:21 PM
You did a great work on this so far, Jim! I like it, no absolute photorealism and still very concrete and "real"!! :D :D :D

D Akey
03-10-2008, 09:57 PM
A dry view that many share no doubt.

It gives no indication of the nature of your job, or the accouterments in that space.

This uses the plant as the metaphor for isolation and a solitary. Color amidst grays. We're in a concrete 3 dimensional maze, with one plant so out of place, so incapable of movement on its own, the poor thing is marooned.

It's like a bird in a cage, or a futuristic creature that might as well be on a spaceship traveling the vast reaches between worlds.

Interesting philosophical comment on modern white collar life in the city.

Nice.

screenpainter
03-10-2008, 10:58 PM
That is a beauty Jim. I love the composition and the color scheme and the touch of irony. I was impressed with how the light streaming in reveals a myriad of colors in the wall. Sort of goes along with the overall theme Mr. Akey pointed out. Almost a yearning to be outside where it is natural and full of life. There is something very unnatural about office dwelling. Great job.

ScottF
03-11-2008, 05:29 AM
I, too, find it interesting for what it suggests. The blurred upper right portion is super--like no one ever cleans windows on the upper floors :wink:

Jim Walsh
03-18-2008, 04:17 PM
Appreciate your comments and analysis. I'm still woring on the details and trying to come up with a good composition. I'm posting two updates below. One with a chair and one without. Which seems to fit best?

RobertSWade
03-18-2008, 05:17 PM
I like the chair. Gives it more of a sense of place I think.

pai
03-18-2008, 06:42 PM
Very nice angle and detail painted. :) I like the one without the chair. :roll:

juliediane
03-18-2008, 10:25 PM
Voting for the chair.... I think it balances out the picture. Good work.

D Akey
03-19-2008, 11:06 AM
It really needs an office guy, in a white shirt and tie, studying something intently. . . I mean since we're voting, I vote for employment.

juliediane
03-19-2008, 11:33 AM
But what if he isn't employed there any longer. And this is his last sad look out of a window he's stared out of for years? Orrrrrrrrrrrr, maybe he could be standing on the desk, contemplating jumping, because he's tired of looking out the same window for years. Orrrrrrr, maybe he's a window peeper and there is something more interesting outside of that window than here is in the office.

Orrrrrrrrrrr. never mind. Just my thoughts

Jim Walsh
03-19-2008, 03:25 PM
thanks for the laughs. And yes I do where a white shirt to work!