PDA

View Full Version : Wine and Fruit 4

Rick
03-07-2008, 11:18 AM
Well, fast I'm not, but fun I have.. Steady working on this one..

shadow89
03-07-2008, 11:25 AM
I don't believe this. This is too real to be art. Please teach me in your ways....................sensei!

Rick
03-07-2008, 11:37 AM
Thank you Shadow for the compliment.. However, I would hate to see anyone afflicted such as I am.. LOL.. I have painted and erased a highlight on the right side of the apple for some three hours now, and still can't get it to suit me.. But it will come to me, It will come.. Thanks again

Caesar
03-08-2008, 12:11 AM
It's really unbelievably accurate! :o :shock: :D :D :D :D
It's iper-realistic and still very tasteful (in any sense). I hope You will share Your "tricks", patience apart.
Superlative capability Rick!

ubuntu
03-08-2008, 01:37 AM
shadow 89, youre freaking hillarious man! "sensei" I love it. But your work looks incredibly real! Is that your style? realist paintings? If so keep at it man cause you're there.

D Akey
03-08-2008, 01:39 AM
shadow 89, youre freaking hillarious man! "sensei" I love it. But your work looks incredibly real! Is that your style? realist paintings? If so keep at it man cause you're there.

I get a real sensei he knows what he's doing.

ubuntu
03-08-2008, 01:45 AM
OH SNAP! Youre in north carolina! me too!!!! I go to chapel hill! Nice to see a fellow north carolinian on here. :wink: we shall have to meet up and discuss your realist paintings. lol :oops:

ScottF
03-08-2008, 05:35 AM
The old saw is that patience is a virtue. Seeing your work proves that it is true. Keep at it! Im looking forward to the finished piece.

ubuntu
03-08-2008, 05:54 AM
I lack patience. I attack my work with haste. Cant help it. lol

ubuntu
03-08-2008, 05:57 AM
Hey idea. IF you ever glicee your work or sell it. Put one of your painting in the sun and see if a bird tries to eat it. I'm serious. I forgot the guys name but somebody painted things so realistic that the birds tried to eat the fake grapes.

Caesar
03-08-2008, 06:18 AM
Right Ubuntu!
The espisode is narrated to have occurred in Athens at a painting context.
That painter though was not the eventual winner.
Who won was because the realistic fruit painter the following day tried in vain to discover what his competitor painting looked like raising himself the drape on it. It was only a perfectly painted one!
So, whilst the former (Parrasio) deceived the birds, the actual winner (Zeusi) deceived a great painter (Parrasio himself)!
The names are in Italian, but should be similar enough in English.

screenpainter
03-08-2008, 07:00 AM
So beautiful. That apple is amazing. :D

Selby
03-08-2008, 12:11 PM
sheesh thats amazing...i could eat the fruit off there already :shock: :D looks fabulous and i applaud your patience which must be nearly boundless to get such perfect results.

Selby

DeanO
03-08-2008, 12:32 PM
The grapes in particular are very well painted!

Dean