PDA

View Full Version : My toon character...

turtlemock
06-15-2006, 06:36 AM
Mostly done in ArtRage with the exception of the background done in PhotoShop. (I got to stop doing that!) :?

She is a character from a cartoon series I am developing and she came out great...

I know it has been a while since I put something in the gallery so I blamed it on my day job.

I like the reference photo feature for developing character designs. I grab a picture of a real linx to get an idea on her color scheme. It really helped keeping all my resources in one place.

Mostly use the magic marker and airbrush to ink and paint.

ENCHANTER
06-15-2006, 06:56 AM
cool kitty !

:)

AndyRage
06-15-2006, 04:43 PM
Very cool kitty!
I like the style. Very cute.

bleepnik
06-15-2006, 11:23 PM
That's fantastic. Will your cartoon series be aired online? On TV? On DVD? The varying thickness of the outline strokes is really nice, love the highlights, and the dramatic colour contrast of the green eyes - bam! Wow. Very captivating.

- Gita

Dickie
06-16-2006, 01:16 AM
That's some really fine linework you got there, Jose. VERY nice design also.
I'm a fan... :D

Dickie

turtlemock
06-16-2006, 01:48 AM
Actually she may be part of a cartoon strip I am developing. Not sure yet. I have done strips for newspapers and on-line comics before. I like doing the thick and thin line since I used the old ink/brush method a while back. It gives my stuff a classical toon look. I like Anime but I always go back to my personal style. Whatever the client wants I suppose.

A few people are waiting for me to do some Anime.

Now that the World Soccer Cup is underway, I might tone her down into a Soccer Logo. DOn't know for which team though.

lol

tony
06-16-2006, 02:12 AM
:) Hi, love the cartoon cat, very smart and professional.Nice work indeed. What about the USA soccer team, or the England team, we could do with all the support we can get. :D Regards,Tony

turtlemock
06-16-2006, 03:59 AM
Well I always figure the Linx would be a South American Logo. Here is hoping for USA. Thye need this one. I have yet to check on England. A lot of good teams out there.

Dickie
06-16-2006, 10:36 AM
Jose: Is your avatar one of your characters? I dig the design a LOT. Oh, and do you have a webpage with your work?

Dickie

Selby
06-16-2006, 01:17 PM
turtlemock-love little Linx girl shes great-its fantastic how you made her stripes stand out so vibrantly and i love the illustartion style you used for her.

Selby

Russell
06-17-2006, 12:53 AM
like the cat looks good. :D :D :D

turtlemock
06-17-2006, 06:43 AM
To Dickie:

My avatar is actually a little doodle I inked on the first page of my Moleskin sketchbook. It had a little word balloon stating, "I am going out for coffee..." I use the sketchbook when I at a coffeeshop when I am in the big city.

I have not set up a website yet but I do have a deviantArt account with more of my work including the two works I put here. Been getting great comments there. Here is my deviant link...

http://turtlemock.deviantart.com/

To Selby:

I paid special attention to her stripes. I cheated a bit here through PhotoShop. I took advantage to the layer export feature of ArtRage. I put the original stripes on its own layer, brought it in PhotoShop, duplicate the stripes layer, then I selected the one below, expanded the selection and painted it black with the top one red. I hope this does not put off some of the ArtRage purists, but hey! The PhotoShop export is immportant to me to keep the mechanical tools in PhotoShop and keep ArtRage clean.

To the others thant for the compliments, I am proud of her. Hope to put more stuff up later.

8)