Quote Originally Posted by Woofy31 View Post
I was thinking the same thing seeing no updates for such a long time - I really love AR, yet seeing how the rest of the digital painting tools get updated like crazy (i.e. rebelle, krita, etc.) makes me wonder if it's still a viable solution in the longer term.

I had so many plans to create quality sets of brush packs, canvases, quality samples and so on, but more and more people seem to stop using AR and switching to more up-to-date tools
I don't think there should be anything stopping you from creating custom brushes and canvas variations to supplement your workflow, you can transfer those between artrage and other apps as well.

that's what I personally do with artrage and clip studio paint at the moment. I brought my custom brush set from corel painter into artrage many years ago, and, generally speaking, I prefer the way artrage works with the same brush sources.

artrage for desktop gets quiet updates every other year on average, so I haven't been expecting anything to arrive in 2022.

previous releases came out as follows:

2021, September - vitae

2019, June - AR 6

2017, February - AR 5.

most new features rebelle 6 introduced were also already present in artrage.

I personally only miss layer masking out of what they showcased, but I have an other app to do masking and compositing with artrage source files, so it's not that much of a big deal.
blur filters are bundled for free in krita, or can be added into artrage by purchasing photographer's bokeh plugins.

rebelle boasts enhanced physically superior color mixing for two versions straight now, but both old and new pigment systems they have to me look dead and synthetic compared to color blending that artrage had since the very start. they water fluid engine still creates the most beautiful digital watercolors to date, but I wouldn't say the app really made so much progress otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Woofy31 View Post
I don't understand their silence :-(
I just think they're too busy working on the app?