Thread: Delete and rename group in Tool preset

Delete and rename group in Tool preset

Hello everyone.
    I have a fresh install of Artrage Vitae. I used the original brushes prs. from Artrage 6 and created some Preset Groups. But I have more and I want to delete some groups. My folders are not created in the Tool preset folder in the system. When I add a new brush to the group, I can't access its file in the Tools preset folder. I can't rename it there, copy it, etc. It's also not possible to delete the whole group, there is no folder for it.

I forgot to write that I also have a new PC and need to transfer the created tools from the original breast-shaped PC. file. I also need to back up the new tools created in Vitae for the future or a PC crash.

Hello MuskaBecky and welcome to the RatRage forums
    Hmmm… not sure why AR would not be letting you add new content?
    The only thing that springs to mind would possibly be a Permissions issue if the Operating System thinks you are not allowed to write to AR’s folders but I don’t recall hearing of that as a problem before?
    Are you able to take any screenshots of what happens when you try adding content to ARVitae?

While New Groups can be created within AR, for some reason Groups can not be Deleted from within AR They have to be Deleted manually and AR restarted.
    To Delete a Tool Group, if you don’t know where to find AR’s Root Content folder on your system you can find it and it’s subfolders from within AR;
    For a specific Tool Group, have the Tool who’s Preset Group you want to Delete selected.
    In AR’s Menubar go to: Tools > Brows Content Folders > ‘Tool Presets Folder…’
    You System’s navigation will then open that specific Tool’s folder for you.
    Alternatively you can choose to start at the ‘Root Content Folder’ which will give access to all Tools, etc… regardless of which tool is currently selected in AR.
    You can now close ArtRage.
    Find the Folders/Groups etc… you wish to Delete and Delete them as you would any other Folder or File.
    Restart AR and that Group and it’s contents will now be gone.

You can of course also manually Add Groups or individual presets or other items from AR6’s Content Folder to the appropriate corresponding folders in ARV in this way too using Copy & Paste.
    Again if you don’t know where AR6’s Content folder is stored; Launch AR6 and use: Tools > Brows Content Folders to find it.

Hope this was helpful if you still have questions do keep asking till we get it working for you and you can get back to painting!
    Last edited by markw; 10-25-2023 at 01:50 AM.
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Delete and rename group in Tool preset

Thank you for the nice and rich answer.
    I get to the Tools Preset folders. I know the way. I continued to try a lot. For some reason Artrage Vitae won't create a folder with my brushes. The arpack installation folder is also not created. Artrage 6 will create those folders or I will create them myself. Vitae then detects them. However, there is no way to remove groups from the Presets menu.

V Artrage 9 Groups, but in folder only 3 groups.

I can't upload a photo screen here and the url address won't allow me. I will reinstall Artrage.
    Last edited by MuskaBecky; 10-26-2023 at 07:57 AM. Reason: url adress screens

Reinstalling helped. Artrage Vitae is now fine OK. I learned a lot from it. Thank you very much

Sorry I couldn’t have been more help but delighted that you are now up and running again!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram