Thread: How To Lock Panels in Docking Mode?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Well, if it’s just the Layers panel giving you problems in staying put it sounds as though it could be down to you accidentally triggering the key combo that opens/closes it.
    You may have changed it previously but it’s default is; Shift+A.
    So you could try removing the key combo that is set for the Layer Panel in ARV’s Keyboard Shortcuts… panel and see if that fixes the problem for you or set it to something harder to accidently key in; Menubar > Edit > Set Keyboard Shortcuts… And in the window that opens; Panel Commands > Layer Panel.

@June No, not in the least! You jump right in whenever you want, the more the merrier
    I for one didn’t know about the video you linked to and now others will know of it too
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Good thinking, Mark, something else to try, Pat

At present there are, that I’m aware of, only three ways to remove a Panel that has been Docked when in Docking Mode;
    1: As discussed above; by using a Key command.
    2: Using the release Fly-out Icon, (the little rectangle with an arrow coming out of it, found in the top right corner of any Docked panel).
    3: Via the View menu in the Menubar, if the Panel is listed there.
    All of the above are effectively acting as a “Lock” on a Docked panel as they all require a positive action by the user to remove a Docked Panel.
    But I can see the weak link of those three is potentially number 1, where a user could inadvertently use a Key Command that closes a Panel…🤔
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Mark, once again I think you’ve got it spot on - I’m closing the panel by (inadvertently) pressing the key-combination.

Thanks for your help, Pat