Thread: Still I'm practising

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

pondered

Dear Mark,
    sorry, I did not react on this below:

'Compositionally I think it works well and the tree branches lead nicely into the background hills.
    Though for me those dark trees on the left are getting a little too lost perhaps against the hills?

You say that you think the water is not as smooth as you wanted, correct?'

I first pondered and took several looks on my printed (DIN A 4), then my folder by ARV and then the picture here.
    As I know: Every transformation takes pixels away despite from the analog photographs. And it changes the colours. Often in a positive way.
    But one reason is what I mentioned: AMD on my eye where I already lost some colours and the shapes of all I can see with that eye are, to take it with humour, very peculiar sight that I have often spontaneously.
    I can compensate it with my left eye but that made me stopping painting with colours, the results seemed to me the last two years to unsatisfying, colours to much, everything tends to become to thin...
    My professor who made new lenses into my eyes and takes the injections is always urging me, to paint, to train my sight. Because he claims: Sight is a questions of intelligence and a matter of the brain. Training of seeing is important, wearing of glasses as well (I just cannot read without glasses).
    This eye has still with very high special glass 30% sight.
    But you cannot imagine how astonishing I can change totally deformed seen lines and forms after saying to myself: That is not possible, the lines are getting straight,,
    But please, no pity! I have great luck, 35 years ago when it started there was not therapie at all. I would be almost blind now. And it does not hurt!
    What I want to say: I will all works I see for more or less important put into this thread first. For critics. Because when I pondered about your very polite critic I realized: The mistakes is e. g., not only in the too light sky. My intention was to illustrate the green beams I'm watching always near Leipzig during sunsets. But I did not catch that like I wanted. There must be more darkness.
    and the mountains, well there hat to be one or more very thin layers over of turquoise or so. But that did not work;-)
    However, I first will leave that like it is. And take it later again, being more experienced and try to improve it, or do a fotograph the next time we will drive through this flat landscapes in to the falling dark in order to paint something different with those special green beams.
    Thanks for reading and taking care. Yours LaFemmeDuLac
    Last edited by LaFemmeDuLac; 11-04-2022 at 04:28 AM.