Hi cinematik,

The brush could be the same one... but this one is for AR6 and is meant for painting, I also posted one for blending, and one for blending colors to make a palette.

Yes I was attempting to use Mark Carder's method in ArtRage. The idea WAS to learn/train to paint digitally, avoid mess and chemicals, and if I was good enough and liked it, invest in real paints and equipment some day.

So, I did what I could to replicate his method in digital form. I had to tweak the approach, since there was no analog to a proportional divider for drawing nor a color checker for comparing colors, and unfortunately, the real experience of mixing oil paint colors, and its application to canvas simply cannot be replicated accurately in any current software available.

So, I ended up using a grid to assist with drawing, (still a valid traditional method) which required I actually practice drawing skills.

For mixing color, I settled on mixing paint swatches in an unused area, and then dabbing them on a digital reference to check accuracy. Similar to Mark's method when using a photo for reference.
Again, since the tools were not programmed around such an approach, it was quite time consuming and awkward to "dab and wipe off".

Also, after some time, I became aware I was not learning how to mix oil paint color... I was mixing digital colors, which is completely different. I completely avoided picking colors with the color picker... even though I realized that mixing my own colors digitally really was not teaching me anything about painting. But I did practice getting values right and asking myself... is it more orange or blue, is it more green or red, is it more purple or yellow....

PS do you have a full version of the green hair piece to share?