Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRAge Vitae and Wacom Tablet

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Try This

I can't get to my Windows computer with the Wacom driver right now; if you need the specifics I will clear off that desk
    In general... you will need to open the Wacom driver (where you set the pen switches, pressure, etc.). There is a place to set up custom settings for a specific application. Add ArtRage Vitae to the choices. It should then show up as an icon choice in the upper part of the driver window. After adding, click on the Vitae icon, then go to the settings below that change the tablet/Cintiq usable area and play with the settings until it shows the correct view. I believe it will show a graphic response to the changes on the lower right of the Wacom driver window. Again, this is without looking at the set up and may somewhat vary from the actual driver.

If nothing fixes the problem, I would go into the Windows Display setting and make sure the Wacom shows up with Wacom's recommended screen size 3840 x 2160 or whatever, the Pro 24 is 4K... I wonder if this is causing a problem with ArtRage Vitae or your computer system (display card)? I used ArtRage Vitae with an older Wacom Pro 21 and had no problem.

Oh heck. Let's not be so mean as to have you dig your way through to the Windows device.

Let me play with those settings some and get back to you.

You're in Kiwi land, yes? I'll try to get back to you before the end of your day.
    Last edited by Rose06309; 12-04-2021 at 01:32 AM.

I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the EXE as it's not in the Ambient Design folder. It's in a protected folder, thanks to MS. I'm unable to configure it using the Wacom app.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose06309 View Post
    I spent quite a bit of time trying to find the EXE as it's not in the Ambient Design folder. It's in a protected folder, thanks to MS. I'm unable to configure it using the Wacom app.
    Hi Rose,
    Although I’m not on Windows, and I also don’t have a Cintiq sadly but Wacom’s Preferences panels are fairly universal in how they work with their upper end products I think.
    So with that assumption and your Cintiq conected…
    1: Launch ArtRage Vitae
    2: Open Wacom Preferences
    3: Click the + icon to the right of the area showing the apps already added
    4: You should now get a dropdown showing apps that are currently running. ARV should be one of them.
    5: Select it and add it to the list of apps and then configure it to taste.
    Name:  Screenshot 2021-12-03 at 13.13.39.png
Views: 4266
Size:  212.4 KB
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Thank you Mark. You may have saved me from a desk avalanche... and to show I was not kidding...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20211203_140111 (2).jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	284.4 KB 
ID:	102095

Okay, I was able to work with the Wacom settings but it's a no go. Vitae will not work with my Cintq or system. I'm also guessing I won't be able to get a refund. But at least I didn't pay full price for it.

Edited to add: That desk configuration is a familiar one.

Sorry to hear you’re still not getting anywhere with this problem Rose
    Sadly as I don’t have any of the hardware+OS that you are using I can’t help as much here as I would have liked.
    Maybe MAB will have some more thoughts…?
    But I would also suggest that you contact Ambient Design directly and see if they can’t offer a solution that gets your Cintiq and ARV playing nicely together.
    They can be contacted by email at: [email protected]
    Or via the support web page here: https://www.artrage.com/get-support/
    I really hope you can get back up and running again soon with ARV on your Cintiq.

And to you MAB, all I can say of that desk is OMG! But then again us creatives are seldom tidy!
    Maker Of Replica Macoys

Techie Stuff:
    ArtRage Vitae 7.1.4 ~ 15" Macbook Pro
    ~ macOS 10.15.7 ~ 4 Core i7 3.1GHz CPU ~ 16GB RAM ~ Wacom Intuos4 M
    My Animal Paintings In The Forum Gallery
    On Instagram

Hey Mark,

Thank you for the offer.

I did reach out to support, so I'm waiting to hear. Probably next week. For now I uninstalled Vitae.

Yea, MAB has a similar desk configuration that I do.

Quote Originally Posted by MAB View Post
    the Pro 24 is 4K... I wonder if this is causing a problem with ArtRage Vitae or your computer system (display card)? I used ArtRage Vitae with an older Wacom Pro 21 and had no problem.
    It would be a shame not to be able to use the Cintiq with ArtRage. Glad you are able to use it now and Andy could help. I had a hunch it had to do with the 4K resolution from comments on the Internet from other 4k users but could not put my finger on the exact settings to change. Have fun painting...

Hi MAB,

I started off using AR6 with the old Cintq 21UX. When it died, I replaced it with the Cintq Pro. At no time did I have to alter any of the settings in AR6. It worked just fine. When I upgraded to ARV, I thought it would work just fine, too. My display card didn't change, so I didn't think the problem was with that.

Oh my, yes. It would be a total crime to not be able to use AR with a Cintq. Off to do some art!

Thank you.