Page 119 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 1298

Thread: Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Awesome, love the textures in these paintings and use of light....

Do you mind if I smoke?

Quote Originally Posted by copespeak View Post
    Two really excellent paintings Steve. Love the woman and the wisp of smoke coming from her mouth. So well done.
    Hi Robyn....Thank you so much, I worried about the smoke though! So I purposely didn't paint a cig' in her hand.....Hehe! Take care....
    Quote Originally Posted by justjean View Post
    Steve, lovely lady and wonderful texture on the handsome dude
    Hello Jean....Thank you! Two contrasting styles to fit the characters, softness and roughness.....seems to be working in these two! Take care....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3b.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	479.7 KB 
ID:	84462   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smoke1.jpg 
Views:	179 
Size:	80.1 KB 
ID:	84463  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 11-29-2014 at 09:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    . . .I purposely didn't paint a cig' in her hand.....
    If smoke is coming out of her mouth yet there's no cigarette to be seen, you wonder if it's one of those tricks where they quickly slip the butt onto their tongue and pull the cigarette into their mouth and close it so as to not get busted for smoking in school. We all had to have known at least one joker in high school who did this to entertain and impress.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo5E7NrQSIk

I wonder if she's going to trade in that power business suit with the world class shoulder pads in favor of a black leather jacket. This is a clip from from the class Replicant Skills 101.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Quote Originally Posted by kenmo View Post
    Awesome, love the textures in these paintings and use of light....
    Hello Ken....Thank you very much for the comments, I like going between the rough and the smooth textures and the lighting is always a challege...love it though!

Everything's just superb in these paintings. Jack Vettriano couldn't do any better in this somehow shared painting style!
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Quote Originally Posted by D Akey View Post
    If smoke is coming out of her mouth yet there's no cigarette to be seen......
    Well she's is a Nexus 6 so ambidexterity is one of the features in this product line ....and the cigarette... well...it's in her left hand, and she's resting it on the table. I brought back someone who can answer any more questions that might arise...Thanks DA....Had a friend that tried the 'hide the cig trick'....burned the crap out of his tongue, never did it again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Everything's just superb in these paintings. Jack Vettriano couldn't do any better in this somehow shared painting style!
    Thanks Caesar....I really enjoy Vettriano's paintings, thanks for letting me know about Jack a couple of months ago, glad you did friend....If only I had one tenth of his skill....a happy man I'd be!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TYRELL26C.jpg 
Views:	161 
Size:	184.2 KB 
ID:	84488  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 11-29-2014 at 09:34 PM.

Wonderful art pieces Dear Steve, Dr. Tyrell is spooky as ever
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Very lifelike Steve and you were very clever with the glasses - they are so good.
    June.

Oh God of homeless things, look down
    And try to ease the way
    Of all the little weary paws
    That walk the world
    today.
    -
    Unknown.

http://enug66.deviantart.com/gallery/

[My setup: hp 15in laptop,11th Gen Intel Core i7-1165G7 @ 2.80GHz 2.70 GHz, 8.00 GB RAM, 24in Acer 2nd monitor, Huion Kamvas 20 Pro display tablet, Windows 11, ArtRage Vitae.
    My painting real-estate is extended across three monitors.]

Great faces and atmosphere (sp? ), Steve

Quote Originally Posted by stevemawmv View Post
    Well she's is a Nexus 6 so ambidexterity is one of the features in this product line ....and the cigarette... well...it's in her left hand, and she's resting it on the table. I brought back someone who can answer any more questions that might arise...Thanks DA....Had a friend that tried the 'hide the cig trick'....burned the crap out of his tongue, never did it again!
    Ouch! I never tried it myself. Back in my youth, when I smoked, like Clinton, "I never inhaled", let alone took the whole of a cigarette into my mouth from the lit end, certainly not without my hand involved. I think my most overt trick with smoking was doing particularly excellent smoke rings. . . for which I can thank J.R.R. Tolkien. I even took up a pipe because of that book. . . pipe smoking being something for which I never really found the fun of it. I think I gassed up my room with thick billows of cherry tobacco. Did wonders for my athletics. Cut down on my wind considerably. But I didn't care at the time it was so much fun.

Back then, when perusing the bins at a used record store, I happened upon a new vinyl reading of The Hobbit by the genius reader Nicole Williamson (very at the level of Jim Dale who read the Harry Potter books with all the voices, maybe better? Hard call they're both so brilliant).

The Hobbit and Tolkien was only just starting to get known by the baby boomers, and I had to read it for a school assignment -- my all time favorite book report book. I remember being so captivated by it, I would rush home from school and light a pipe, put on the record, and read and paint what I was imagining from those wild and vivid descriptions. The Tolkien/Williamson pairing may be why I became an artist, with my imagination running wild from all the great dialects he gave his characters. I had to aspire to something equally creative with it. I imagine the allure for me was not unlike you and the BladeRunner imagery. I was fixated on that theme for a long time. But anything I could do to bring it into focus better, I would. I think artists live for that level of inspiration.

I heard some panel of Sci-Fi/Fantasy genre authors who talked about why they got into writing. They said they had read all of Tolkien's stuff and when they were done, there was nothing else yet they wanted to keep the story going so they themselves had to create more of that ilk in order to keep that level of fantasy going -- for themselves. And we see what having the limited number of books created. Inspiration and creative types -- self-serving, but thank goodness for it for the rest of us who can enjoy those creative expressions. You seem to be so motivated.

Go Steve Go Man Go!!!!!!!

Anyway, your Tyrell is photographic. Really nailed it.
    Last edited by D Akey; 12-01-2014 at 04:16 AM.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream