Page 77 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2767757677787987127 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

Jennifer Connelly? Until Andrea had posted the link to Labyrinth, I hadn't connected her up with that movie, since she was unknown more or less at that time and she was a striking young lady back then, though childlike owing to the context. Sort of a modern Alice in Wonderland. Since then she's become a very popular actress. Love how you dramatize the dark haired ladies moving them in and out of shadow. This one seems like a period piece again, sort of lit by flame. No telling what the source photo context. But you created a whole story for her here. And if it isn't Jennifer Connelly, it still looks like her to me.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Pat....Thank you dear, glad your feeling better and staying busy painting.

Scott....Glad you like, just staying away from smooth blending for awhile.

Caesar....
    Quote Originally Posted by Caesar View Post
    Here she is again. She became an obsession beauty for me too. I'll start dreaming of her now. Forunately I forgot her name so I won't raise any suspicion by talking while sleeping ...LOL Another excellent portrait emerging from the dark.
    Dreams of shared obsessions can be hard to define at best, but murmuring out a stange womans name at night, in bed and in the presents of a loved one....'Awkward my friend! One could say...'I don't know, must have been dreaming of a recent painting I've seen'... it may work but good luck with that one.
    And they do slowly emerge from the darkness into my dreams, just never know which one it will be.....keeps it interesting!

And for those you fancy an ear
    and a close up...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	19EARUSETHIS.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	82101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18FACE1280.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	316.5 KB 
ID:	82045  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 07-25-2014 at 10:02 AM.

Steve...I vote no ear just the smooth black hair.. has my vote..

Beautiful painting of a beautiful lady. Lovely

"Off with her ear," said the Red Queen. . . speaking of Alice. . . "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ear!. . . as long as she will be without. . ."

Listen (not so easy without an ear). . . if you're going to put in her ear and you're painting this realistically, do it right. Think we should make it look like an ear? I think there should be some indication, even if it's the bottom of a lobe poking out from the hair. Give her some earrings. You might get lucky. And if you're lucky with this one, you're on top of the world.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Hi D Akey....Yeah its Jen again, sorta running out of ways for her to make a entrance...Good news is I started some paintings with different models! I'am thinking this one and Rach could be boring the hell out of everyone here.
    I see Gary and yourself have voted on the 'future of the ear'.....Well, at least the one in question. We'll see if I've got to spruce it up or not....or could borrow one from the Rach collection, just have to touch up her hair...
    Take care,
    Steve
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by stevemawmv; 07-23-2014 at 02:47 PM.

WOW, what a perfect ear! Now we may whisper sweet words to such a charming lady ...
    Panta rei (everything flows)!

Voted "Woman o' tha 'Ear" by all me mates and art aficionados in me sweet assylum. Vermeer ain't got nuffink on ye, 'e don't. 'E only did 'er an solitairy pearl earrin'. . . While yew outbid 'em when ye promised 'er an 'ole set o' ears an' what, Mr. Vermeer? If you liked then ye shoulda put a ring on it. . .If you liked then ye shoulda put a ring on it. . .If you liked then ye shoulda put a ring on it. . .

I never get bored of Rachael and Jennifer Connelly. . . You paint em as much as ye please, laddie. Pleases me no end.

Quote Originally Posted by Bertrude View Post
    Beautiful painting of a beautiful lady. Lovely
    Thank you very much for your visit and comments Bertrude....When will we see another one from you, Cross Purposes and Franks Death Dealer were fantastic...
    looking forward to a new one from you.
    Take care,
    Steve

she's so beautiful. great painting as always