Page 57 of 130 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast

Thread: Stevemawmv's Gallery (Shared Reflections.....)

So sorry to read you were in the hospital, Steve, take good care dear man.

Just something to show...

This was just an experiment before I left.......it's from my moms books again, ref. Loomis thirties-forties?
    Just always liked this style.....Sorry I got nothing new, maybe next week.
    OH! this isn't done ether!
    Take care all,
    Steve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	may15.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	456.1 KB 
ID:	80964  

Thank you...Andrea, Katie and Sandy!
    Take care you all,
    Steve

It's fabulous Dear Steve!!!! Love the expression between the ecstasy and the falling asleep, the Ocra color palette, the eyelashes, the materic effect on her hair... Phenomenal ciao
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/andreamgart

That's what art's about, isn't it -- at some point it's about the relationship between the art and the viewer, sort of like speed dating. (D Akey)

Hi Steve Any chance of a Swop I've got a good one of a Heron if your interested KIA ORA

Thank you dear Andrea....glad you like her image and expression. Going to start trying new styles and methods from time to time, think I'am getting stale!

Eighty....Thank you as well, glad you visited...Like her aye', swap away friend!
    Take care the both of you, and thanks again!

Love it! You might want to work on getting the hang od hair lines though. It's not much to know really. when hair falls across skin we can have an abrupt edge. But when we see the roots beginning to grow as with the top of the forehead, we see skin through the hair foe a short bit. So it's more broken as you did around the temple. That's working well. You may want to consider the brush strokes leading into the hair away from the skin rather than going crosswise. Just look at those details in other paintings for some different ways to handle it.

Be that as it may, the colors are really nice. The overall look is really great. Love the forms, the features and all that. And the expression is very feminine. Very well done.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Great painting

She is so beautiful. I like the angle and her expression. Great painting, Steve

Dear D Akey.... Hope your well and staying cool these days, got my windows open trying to snag a breeze rolling off the mountain into my little valley here.
    Thanks for the tips on this one....hair and forehead interaction, always had problems on some portraits....I will return to this one and finish it soon.
    Take care friend,
    Steve