Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: ArtRage for Android?

Gallery
    View images
    Those of you who have the Cintiq Companion Hybrid...

First, color me jealous.

Second, can you get a keyboard for it? In other words, could this become a replacement for a notebook/netbook/laptop, or is it good really for art stuff only ("only")?

Jeff

Gallery
    View images

Samsung 500T

Quote Originally Posted by rscottfree View Post
    After another frustrating session in Artflow (which I think is the best one so far but still frustrating in many ways--I'm looking at you brushes!), and with little luck getting Infinite Painter to work consistently (pretty good brushes, tons of other problems), I would just like to post my support for an Android version of ArtRage. It would make my day to be able to push and mix around oil paint on my Android tablet in a quality paint app.

I know you guys will release whenever it's ready, but any chance this will land before Christmas? I'm saving for a windows 8 tablet to run the desktop version of ArtRage, but those things are expensive, and I rather stay with Android.

As always, thanks for such an awesome program.

Art Rage works on the Samsung 500T. The s pen and Wacom technology works as well if not better than the android Galaxy note 8 plus u have all the windows programs available plus rt programs. Android is crippled for lack of graphics programs. But it would be great if Art Rage was ported to android.
    Last edited by wzingaro; 11-02-2013 at 12:23 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Artflow is OK, and Infinite Painter is passable... everything else is trash. The Android Photoshop app and Sketchbook Pro are complete crap and utter wastes of money, unless all you want to do is paint solid lines with either fuzzy or hard edges. No brushes, not even the ability to add custom brushes on your own!

Artflow and Infinite Painter have some potential, but just aren't anything close to ArtRage... I really hope the Android version of ArtRage becomes available very soon.

You could definitely use the Cintiq Companion as a replacement for a netbook or a tablet. You can use any bluetooth keyboard with it, and Wacom also sells a keyboard for it I believe. It also has a USB port, which may allow a USB keyboard to work; I haven't tried it yet.

It's an awesome tablet, but the software for it just absolutely sucks. It's worth it for the ability to plug it into a PC and use it as a regular Cintiq, but until the Android apps get better, it's not quite a replacement for a laptop or a desktop that can run real programs.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks, osarusan! Very helpful.

I've read that the Cintiq Companion also comes in a Windows version (though it's about twice the price as the Android version). Maybe that would be the way to go.

Jeff

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    We'll have more information soon - We're just not quite ready to make announcements yet!
    Could you please give a timeframe, are we talking years or months, weeks? Trying to make a decision between iPad and Note 10.1 2014, if Android would have an Artrage reasonably soon (within half a year), then I will return the iPad in favour of Galaxy Note 10.1 with S-Pen.

Gallery
    View images
    Unfortunately I can't say at this point. I'm not expecting it to be years but we don't have a release date right now.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by osarusan View Post
    Artflow is OK, and Infinite Painter is passable... everything else is trash. The Android Photoshop app and Sketchbook Pro are complete crap and utter wastes of money, unless all you want to do is paint solid lines with either fuzzy or hard edges. No brushes, not even the ability to add custom brushes on your own!

Artflow and Infinite Painter have some potential, but just aren't anything close to ArtRage... I really hope the Android version of ArtRage becomes available very soon.

You could definitely use the Cintiq Companion as a replacement for a netbook or a tablet. You can use any bluetooth keyboard with it, and Wacom also sells a keyboard for it I believe. It also has a USB port, which may allow a USB keyboard to work; I haven't tried it yet.

It's an awesome tablet, but the software for it just absolutely sucks. It's worth it for the ability to plug it into a PC and use it as a regular Cintiq, but until the Android apps get better, it's not quite a replacement for a laptop or a desktop that can run real programs.
    I use Corel Painter X3, and Art Rage on the Samsung 500 T with the s pen, they don't run as fast as a desktop on the tablet but they are great graphics programs something just not available for the android tablets, it must be a technical problem trying to port graphics programs to android which is really Linux. Hopefully Art Rage will work it out for the android tablets! I'm looking forward to the day it will be released because the galaxy note 8 is a great tablet!

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by MattRage View Post
    Unfortunately I can't say at this point. I'm not expecting it to be years but we don't have a release date right now.
    :'( <---- my sad face

Gallery
    View images
    hello, i have a cintiq companion hybrid. it work very well. with this tablet, rarely i use my computer now. It's fast, so easy to use.
    I have infinite painter and sketchbook. But nothing is comparable to Artrage.
    We need really Artrage to sketch and to paint.
    I use my cintiq at home and i want to buy a table galaxy to work in the train of everywhere. because i pad don't have a Spen, galaxy note is the best and...

Artrage is the best to draw on a tablet.

Gallery
    View images

Some of you may already be aware that Samsung is (reportedly) preparing a 12.2 inch version of the Galaxy Note tablet with S-Pen for release later this year or early 2014. The specs are supposed to be similar to the Note 10.1 (2014 Edition)... same resolution (2560 x 1600), processor (Snapdragon 800 or Exynos 5 Octa), etc. If this is true, Artrage must be very excited to be closing in on the release of an android version since a 12.2 inch android tablet will attract serious digital artists and designers to the android world. I'm going to buy the 12.2 inch version if every thing being reported is true, and assuming its not too heavy nor priced too high. Of course, the final piece of the purchase puzzle is whether Artrage really does release an android version relatively soon.
    Last edited by gedumer; 11-25-2013 at 04:16 AM.