Thread: New question same painting

Gallery
    View images

New question same painting

I use transparent layers, however when removing and erasing part of the background (2 separate layers one top one bottom) when exporting in png I still have a white background. I have done this before and worked. What am I doing wrong this time This a file to be printed on a t-shirt without some of the background. As you can see faintly with white background is showing.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Gallery
    View images
    There are two possibilities if you're seeing a white background: Either the painting has white paint in the background which would need to be erased, or the canvas has not been made transparent.

The first thing to try is to open the canvas settings panel from the View menu and set Opacity to 0%. This means that the Paper that sits underneath your painting becomes transparent.

When you look at the painting now, the background area should contain checkers (which represent the fact that the canvas is see-through). If you don't see checkers then there is some paint sitting on the canvas causing the white background and you will need to locate it in your layers and delete it.

When you export as PNG with the canvas opacity set to 0% you should see transparency where there is no paint.

Hope that helps!
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you Dave,
    Changing the setting worked great. I alway use the cell, now I will know to change canvas setting also.