Thread: App Store Reviews - Please Chime in!

Gallery
    View images

Exclamation App Store Reviews - Please Chime in!

Hi everyone,

Now that ArtRage for iPhone is out and we’ve released our first update we’d like to encourage everyone who’s using it to consider popping on to iTunes and giving it a rating, writing a review, or voting for reviews that reflect their own experiences with the product. The way the store works, apps need feedback from customers or they can end up being the target of some unscrupulous individuals who abuse the review rating system to try and make them look bad by up-voting only the bad reviews, or rating the product low. There are even companies who’ll do this for you (we know, we have been contacted by a few).

The only way to counteract this and get a realistic impression of products on the store is to get reviews and votes from real users of the product.

So, if you’ve got any comments on the product, be they good or bad, we’d invite you to go and write about them, browse other reviews and vote for those you think would be helpful to other users. We’re not asking for unrealistic reviews or good reviews only, just honest reviews and votes for reviews that reflect your own experience.

If you’ve got a problem with the product we’d also invite you to tell us about it here or in email (support@artrage.com) so that we can look at resolving it in an update or providing a workaround for you. It’s always a bit disappointing to see a bad review and know that we could have helped the user out if they’d just spent a moment to get in touch. The store system doesn’t currently allow us to contact users so we have no direct line to people who report problems there. The products may be inexpensive, but we’re still dedicated to making them work properly and improving them as we go.

The same goes for our iPad version. Although that has settled down somewhat we still see mass up-voting of outdated negative reviews that specifically mention certain other products from time to time, so any comments you have are most welcome there too.

Edit: Speak of the devil, look what just arrived this evening:

Love your app very much your app is realy good! Can I help you to do the promotion of Artrage please?I just need them to make a activity.If you give me some promocodes,I'll share it on internet and requirement the people on internet give your app a 5 stars rate after they use the promocodes.
    10+apps are success did the promotion.

This is the sort of thing we refuse to get involved in.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    wow, that last offer is a really sad sign of the times. not sure why people would up vote negative comments to begin with?

reviews of artrage can so easily be good on any platform. not sure why people feel they have to cheat nowadays.
    too much time on their hands and an exaggerated sense of self importance?

Gallery
    View images
    I am curious as to why my (exceedingly favorable) review did not get posted?
    The reviews are always held back for approval or some such thing... but it beats me as to how negative reviews make it in but my positive review was scrapped
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. (Mark Twain)

Gallery
    View images

done

Put in a comment on Itunes site
    ''The Past does not equal the future'' Anthony Robbins

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowena View Post
    I am curious as to why my (exceedingly favorable) review did not get posted?
    The reviews are always held back for approval or some such thing... but it beats me as to how negative reviews make it in but my positive review was scrapped
    Me too! I don't think mine showed up either. Hmmm

Gallery
    View images

Great App. Deserves praise.

I will go to the iTunes store and write a glowing review asap.

Keep up the good work.

- T

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by screenpainter View Post
    wow, that last offer is a really sad sign of the times. not sure why people would up vote negative comments to begin with?

reviews of artrage can so easily be good on any platform. not sure why people feel they have to cheat nowadays.
    too much time on their hands and an exaggerated sense of self importance?
    Basically, the review will say "ArtRage sucks, random other program is better". And readers will look at that and go "hmm, okay, I better buy the random other program then!". Rating these reviews up acts as promotion for those other programs.
    Ambient Design Tech Support & Community Manager

"I'm not allowed to have confusingly random signatures while working"

Gallery
    View images
    I always use iphone itune