Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Artrage For Android!

Gallery
    View images

Thumbs up Artrage For Android!

Please release a version of Artrage Studio for Android tablets! I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1, and there is no app I want more than Artrage Studio!

I know I can't be the only Android user that feels left out with Artrage being available on the Ipad but not on any Android tablets. The Android Market is dying to have an app of Artrage's caliber! Please, please, please! Release it for Android! I know it was an easy developing transition to go from a Mac to ios, but just make the leap to Honeycomb. Android users will buy the app in droves if you make an app for us! All we have now really is Sketchbook Pro. And while it's good, it just doesn't have the flare and magic of Artrage Studio.

I've already asked you this before and you bummed me the crap out, telling me you had no plans for an Android version. But rethink it! New Android tablets are growing daily and it's only a matter of time before they will rule the market share like smart phones. Come on, I'm begging to give you more of my money, how could refuse that?!

Gallery
    View images
    I have to agree, you need an Android version. There isn't anything like Artrage for Android. Sketchbook Pro probably the best Android sketching/painting app and it's like 1.0 iPad version (which was just ok).

Also, it may be interesting to note, that some of these Android tablets are starting to ship with pressure sensitive pens (HTC Flyer and Jetstream). You could do a lot with that.

Gallery
    View images
    From what I've seen in the News, the Android Tablets will surpass the Apple Products over the next several years so this has my vote also. The more places we have ArtRage, the better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Gallery
    View images

HTC Tablet

Tested one the other day at a stand in a local Shopping Center.
    Not impressed.
    ''The Past does not equal the future'' Anthony Robbins

Gallery
    View images
    I like my Asus EEE 121 Tablet because it has Windows 7 and I can have the full blown ArtRage on it.

It has more power than my desktop. You got to love technology and ArtRage.
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    http://www2.ambientdesign.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by leechie View Post
    Not impressed.
    Not all android tablets are created equally I think HTC makes the best hardware, but they mostly do phones. Only 2 tablets so far from them. HTC Flyer (7 inch screen) with pressure sensitive pen. HTC Jetstream (10 inch screen) also uses the pen tech. I like both of these tablets better than my iPad 2 and I've been an admitted apple fanboy for years. Selling my iPad 2 this week.

Everyone has different tastes

Quote Originally Posted by leechie View Post
    Not impressed.
    The HTC flyer has something the iPad does not have, a pressure sensitive pen, which makes doing art all the easier rather than trying to use some of the overly wide capacitative stylus that currently exist.
    I'm sure the iPad is great for whatever uses some people are looking for, but I myself have never been that impressed with either the phone or the pad version.
    There are to many Android tablets out there with pen support, Artrage has to come out for it sooner or later.

Gallery
    View images

When is Artrage released for Android ?

Me and my wife also own 2 Samsung Galaxy 10.1 and we would really like to see this amazing app being ported to Android. Regardless of which tablet you own, I also believe Android will surpass iPad real soon. No sweat

Gallery
    View images
    Its a shame there is no ArtRAGE version for Android Tablets

It doesn't look good right now. Another thread below states that as a small company, they are unable to do the development and research needed to bring Artrage out for Android. I still have hope, but I'm beginning to doubt that we'll see an Android app any time soon.
    This actually makes me kind of hate the iPad, too many think it's the tablet of choice and it's not. It's a slick toy, and that's all it is, I've never been much impressed by it, it's never had any features I was looking for.
    I have the Samsung Galaxy Note which has a Wacom active digitizer and it's a much better tablet than the iPad as far as I'm concerned. I've tried various art apps on it and the best ones are Sketchbook mobile, Fresco pro and Infinite Design.
    Oh well.
    Last edited by watchdog; 12-21-2011 at 05:03 AM.