Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ArtRage for Android?

Gallery
    View images

ArtRage for Android?

Any possibility of ArtRage for Android? I have the iPad version, but I would like to have it on my Android tablets as well. Or even better, if you could incorporate the support for the upcoming HTC Flyer's Scribe technology, it would be a dream comes true.

Thanks!

Gallery
    View images
    I agree ArtRage for Android would be nice, but this should only make sense in Honeycomb (Android 3), which isn't available to the general public yet. Today, there's only Autodesk Sketchbook. This saves TIFF, which can be imported into an AR layer. Not perfect, but better than nothing.
    It's not about how many breaths you take; it's about the moments that take your breath away.

Gallery
    View images
    We're not currently working on an Android build of the application as we're working on a major revision to the desktop version, but there's a chance that we might consider it in the future. Unfortunately I can't say when this might be.
    Matt
    ArtRage UI
    Ambient Design.

Gallery
    View images
    Thanks for that reply! I prefer the idea of getting an Android device, but really want to keep using ArtRage as my preferred art program. I see that Android products are now coming out with a stylus. Could be good!
    "I don't mean to be rude, mister, but, may I ask what exactly you are looking at?"
    "I was just noticing your friend, there."
    "I don't know why. He's not much to look at, and I don't think he would reciprocate your interest."

Gallery
    View images
    sorry to side track but,
    hello rage team, any hint when that 'major revision' of the desktop version would be out ?
    The more hair I lose, the more head I get.

Gallery
    View images
    We're currently hard at work on it, but I can't give a specific release date, it will depend on how testing goes. Rest assured though that there is a big update on the way
    Dave
    Resident Bug-Hunter
    Ambient Design

Gallery
    View images
    That was a little confusing

I just bought an HTC Flyer with a stylus... The stylus, of course, only works with programs that are Sense compliant... which means I can't use it at all... I'm an epic ArtRage fan, I have both the desktop version for my really old and klunky last-generation Windows tablet and I bought it for my wife's iPad... but I can't seem to get used to "fingerpainting", so I bought the Stylus-equipped Flyer...

Please, please please... when you get to the point where you are doing Android (And hopefully this isn't a "First quarter 2012" sort of getting around to it), please make it HTC Sense compliant... it doesn't have to have pressure sensitivity or use the buttons on the stylus (though, hey! That'd be cool! ), if it'd just allow the stylus to act like a finger, I'd be happy as a clam!

Gallery
    View images
    aabh:

There are styluses out there that work with capacitive screens already. The cost about $15 to $30 depending on the model. Wacom has even gotten in on it!

Gallery
    View images
    Thank you for the reply! I actually use a capacitence stylus with my flyer since no one yet supports the real stylus. The problem is with the way capacitance works: it rejects things smaller than a finger, so the smallest point you can get on a stylus OS the size of a babies finger... Which, though small... Isn't quite the same as a penciltip. In the one native program that allows the native stylus to work, it is incredible! Unfortunately, that's the only program, and its nothing like Artrage. Just pencil, pen and highlighter.

Gallery
    View images
    I still hope to read an announcement that ArtRage will come out on Android in the not too distant future. Sure, giving in and buying an iPad would be the "easy" option, but there is something very seductive about going the Android route...
    "I don't mean to be rude, mister, but, may I ask what exactly you are looking at?"
    "I was just noticing your friend, there."
    "I don't know why. He's not much to look at, and I don't think he would reciprocate your interest."