Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Chiaroscuro stilllife.

Dear waheed, very good painting, but if you call it 'chiaroscuro', sorry, the objects need more light, need a strong contrast. Other than this, painting needs a balance, you proportioned it in diagonal. Furthermore that kettle and fabric on table are photorealistic and also excellent, but flowers and the fabric droop are not in same style but made in loose brush work, compare two fabrics on table. Very good in overall.

lovely Waheed...like wandering into an aladins cave of treasures...all the different textures are fantastic and im with Maror i love the little dings on the big copper kettle and i want to go eat an apple they look so delicious.I also love how you catch the colours the items are reflecting onto one another..something many artists forget,and all from your mind...amazing

Selby
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

as usual, always excellent work.

There is a famous painter..calls himself painter of light....you work is much the same as his.....I am still in Awe,at your artistic skill.,And I personally wouldnt change a thing...as a painting it is perfect....if you want a photograph...buy a camera.!!..Now I cant remember who said that...but it be so true....great works here Nasir,and very well done....Jack.
    http://jacktar51.cgsociety.org/
    Some of my artwork can be seen at the above link.......Jack.

In fairness, it wasn't a comment about photorealism, but more about consistency.

We all love Waheed's work.

Absolutely Brilliant :shock: :!: :!: :!:
    Bumble on deviantART
    Bumble's Photos
    Friendship is the song in your heart and friends are the ones who sing it back to you when you forget the words.

thank u.

D Akey, Levent, Selby, friendly, jacktar51 and Bumble...really appreicate...thank u so very much for all your kind comments....

D Akey, not exactly, but i always like to have some sorta mood in my works, be it sadness, happiness, etc etc. here i did want a mellow, quite ambience, with lil drama added. thanks for admiring it and for your double visit here....

lavent, it has enough contrast and light as per the chiaroscuro style, more light would ruin the thing. more light means, light filled area and for me that wouldnt go with the style, i have to make it logical as well, i just cant put more light suddenly at certain places. i did balance things, if u notice, every color and shape. lastly, nothing is photorealistic, i wont merge two very different styles in one piece. i always go for visible brushwork and this one too is full of that. i like the quote by someone, "if its a painting it must look like a painting, not like a photograph". i thank u for liking it too....

jacktar51...thank u...yeah i agree to the quote that uve written. i strongly believe in that myself.... glad u like it so much.

thank u very much everyone...your comments always matter.

good day...).
    regards,
    waheednasir.
    www.waheednasir.com

Re: thank u.

lavent, it has enough contrast and light as per the chiaroscuro style, more light would ruin the thing. more light means, light filled area and for me that wouldnt go with the style, i have to make it logical as well, i just cant put more light suddenly at certain places. i did balance things, if u notice, every color and shape. lastly, nothing is photorealistic, i wont merge two very different styles in one piece. i always go for visible brushwork and this one too is full of that. i like the quote by someone, "if its a painting it must look like a painting, not like a photograph". i thank u for liking it too...

wehaad, if u say so, i dont say any

I agree with Selby: great capture of inter-object reflection. Impressive detail on the kettle!

amazing amazing!

the depth and colour and strokes are wonderfully done

Enchanter
    Draw what you see!....not what you think you see!!
    My artist friend

We Must each think of ourselves as an endless work in progress ....Harley Brown