Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Book illustration

Hey thanks Vlad, I'll put you down for one Thankfully I should be able to start on it again this week.
    Boxy

always love coming to look at this
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

bought this beautiful book yesterday and look forward to reading it to my son...how lovely to have a copy of a book from an author illustrator i know
    "I like to have a thing suggested rather than told in full. When every detail is given, the mind rests satisfied, and the imagination loses the desire to use its own wings."
    ~Thomas Bailey Aldrich~

Aw Selby thanks so much! I just saw this reply now and realised you'd left one yesterday too. I hope you enjoy it! I'm currently thinking of ways to make a more interactive version for the iPad/iPhone.
    Cheers - that looks suspiciously like a new wee bairn you have in your hands.
    Boxy Sav

Holy smokes! That is really really really really (did I say REALLY) nice!
    --LES

Hi Boxy, loving this painting.

Have you sold any and have you self published or gone through a publisher? I see you have gone through blurb. Reason why I ask is, ive published my art book through lulu and fancied doing an illustrated book, but heard that booksellers wont take self published items. Cheers.

Jules
    You can view all my other artwork here http://spookyjules.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks Jules. Yes selling nicely - not that you'll see it on the best sellers list any time soon but I'm pleasantly surprised.
    It is self published at Blurb. I haven't really tried a publisher yet but if what you say is true - which wouldn't surprise me - then there's no point in wasting my time waiting for all those rejections!
    So far I tried a couple of agents, but quite honestly haven't been very impressed with their general attitude to prospectors. As I mentioned, I think I'm going to explore an iPad version. After all, Apple is probably as big a distributor as any publisher these days and less susceptible to the god complex thing.
    I'll check your Lulu book out.
    Cheers

Apple has a god complex alright, but if you make an interactive app out of your book, they will give you a fair chance to sell your work on the app store. Which is more than you can say about most book sellers. I enjoyed your book, I bought it a while back. It'll be interesting to see what you can do with it in a more dynamic medium

Btw, there are printing-on-demand services that issue ISBNs, including lulu. That'd at least let people *order* your book through their book seller or through amazon. But I guess if you have to advertise it yourself anyway, it won't make much of a difference.