Thread: Maximum size and resolution

Gallery
    View images

Maximum size and resolution

I am somewhat surprised how limited ArtRage is in image size and resolution. For example, I might want to create an image in 20x16 inch at 1200 dpi or higher, such that a high quality print can be made.

I can manage this size at 240dpi on my 2GB RAM workstation, but not much more.

How do others deal with this?

Ignore and accept less than perfect prints? Buy more RAM? Do the trick that I don't know about?

Curious.
    It's not about how many breaths you take; it's about the moments that take your breath away.

Gallery
    View images
    Hi Priceless. Don't worry about the dpi setting in ArtRage, that's a printer setting and won't affect the quality of your image files. I routinely make 12x18 inch giclee prints from 1200x1800 pixel ArtRage canvases and you should be able to go much higher. I don't think there's any limitation other than what your computer can handle. Once you get into the 3000 to 5000 pixel range you'll probably notice things start to slow down.
    Last edited by RobertSWade; 11-07-2008 at 10:18 PM.

Gallery
    View images
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertSWade View Post
    Hi Priceless. Don't worry about the dpi setting in ArtRage, that's a printer setting and won't affect the quality of your image files.
    That's comforting to know.

How does it work, though? Does AR use a vector format after all? If not, how can it scale up like so? Just curious.
    It's not about how many breaths you take; it's about the moments that take your breath away.