Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Palette - Faber Castell - Polychromos

Palette - Faber Castell - Polychromos

Hi Ragers

I went to Blicks and converted all their HEX color values for the polychromos pencils to RGB (i'm assuming their web designer used HEX values rather than gif/jpeg color swatches to keep the values correct)

Enjoy
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Juz; 05-13-2009 at 02:50 PM.

thanks for the palette! like always
    my work- gusion85.deviantart.com

Your most welcome. You had to dig down deep in the forums to find this one, glad to see someone using it

Stumbled on this: good one.
    Appreciation fosters well-being. Be well.
    Thread with bunches of my AR paintings-conversations. Here

Thanks Byron
    I was beginning to think no one liked this one as they all prefered the Rembrandt pencils

Hey, Juz, just found this - took me 6 months - but I am thankful for you for providing this for all of us to use! There are some gorgeous colors in this palette! Trying some of these out with the new watercolor tool in AR3 and they are simply wonderful! Thanks!!!

Yay Eye-Leen... by finding these you just reminded me to put them into AR3. Great to hear that pencil colours are working nicely for watercolours too
    "I paint because I love to cut mats" (Arthur Alexander)

Yes, Juz, I was rather pleased myself how nicely these color pencil colors were for the watercolor tool! It was simply the tool I had selected at the time of testing them and it gives an immediate blending look of several colors together. I love to use color pencils in my (non-Digital) artwork (I've got Prismacolor, Derwent and Faber-Castrell in my stash) and only somewhat attempted to using the pencil tool in AR2.5. Now that AR3 has a more improved pencil as well as an improved blending tool, I am interested in doing something in color pencils and maybe with a little watercolor to boot!

Help needed

Hi there,
    I would love to be able to use these, as I love polychromos in the "flesh" so to speak, however on downloading the file it does not seemed to be recognised and I cannot import it into AR...it is coming down as COL.file but has nothing on it ? This has happened with a few other ones too, so perhaps I am doing something wrong or does it need to be converted into something else ?
    Thank you for any help

Quote Originally Posted by drawing4art View Post
    Hi there,
    I would love to be able to use these, as I love polychromos in the "flesh" so to speak, however on downloading the file it does not seemed to be recognised and I cannot import it into AR...it is coming down as COL.file but has nothing on it ? This has happened with a few other ones too, so perhaps I am doing something wrong or does it need to be converted into something else ?
    Thank you for any help
    I just tried and it seems working on my system (AR3 under Windows 7).
    Did you try to use the normal method?
    - Tools -> Color Sample Options -> Import new Global (or Local) Color Sample Set
    Then you should have the new colors in the Sample Pod. (By the way, it would be nice if AR3 could also show the sample name).
    Thanks Juz for the nice set.
    Attached Images Attached Images