Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Moment of Breath

I looked. I gasped. I gulped. The phrase "the Old Masters" jumped to mind.

This is almost perfect in form and the lighting is just amazing!

Like your other most recent works, it's also a little disturbing in that she seems to take no pride in her beauty. Her face belies the joy of her body to the point where it seems that she is going through the motions for the sake of someone else and is just waiting for the end of the "dance" when she can go back to her dressing room and take off the mask that all too well fits her feelings and replace it with the mask that she wears everyday.

Simply fantastic Pai, what a gift you have
    Do not meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup

Ahhh... that is just so good... I'm speechless...............

This is truly amazing and beautiful work Pai! And just like my other half up there said VERY professional looking! Beautiful!!!

I believe this is the best I have seen on this forum.. Perfect in every way..
    Click Upper Right To Visit My Gallery

pai,
    This is, without a doubt one of your best. Just beautiful. You have captured
    the expressive pose of a dancer in breathtaking detail. Wonderful!
    Mairzie Dotes

Moment of Breath

this is lovely especially the dress truly realistic.
    dave.

Beautifully realized Pai...........if I could do this (the painting not the dance ) I would be truly happy!
    WONDERFUL!
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Thank you so much to D Akey, Rowena, damasocl, Jim, Fashmir, Storm, sabena, Enchanter, Scott, Robert, Gina, fraser_paice, Rain, Rick, Mairzie, Dave and Peter for all the nice comments and encouraging words. Also to others who had commented on my last few paintings. I just felt bad as Scott has mentioned before, to bring up my thread to the top. Now, there're so many more new members and new paintings per day.

@Bob, your recent comments are very deep especially the King Lear one. I am fine. Thank you.

Please forgive me I am not a person good with words. I found it more difficult than learning to paint. So it's quite harder to express my appreciation to you all with words especially in English.

So instead I try to paint more and post more as I can.
    (p.s. whew! this took me almost 2 hours to write it, the same time I have at weeknight to do my doodling)

Actually I don't have much time for painting now. That's a very sad part for me. I really wish I could stay home all day just to paint and learn more. I can only do some doodling and sketches during weekdays for practising and relaxing which I need it so badly. This one start as a sketch on Thursday night after work as usual. Then I just can "feel" it, then I was thinking about it the whole day at work on Friday, when I got home the minute, I just want to finish it. Took about 8 to 10 hours.
    I have a bad habit if I start off something I really like, I will just continue to work on it until it finish. But because of my health problem, I couldn't just have few hours sleep before go to work now. (I used to do that)

Try to paint the moment of a performer on stage that she feels is just her alone enjoying the movement of the body with music, her heart beat and her own breathing. She sees no audience at that moment. Just dancing for herself to the best as she could. Especially I like this pose, with her hands up high, arches her back, head up. Then the title just comes up. This is in my mind when I painted her.

I have hard time with the arms and fingers because the references photo is black and white and very blur. That's frustrated too. However, my recent hands sketches exercises kind of help a little bit.

The hand and arms is bothering me, so I tried to fix it. But don't know if it's worse than before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS261_m.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	485.4 KB 
ID:	19570  
    Last edited by pai; 08-18-2008 at 02:23 PM.

To be honest, the arm did bother me a bit. I think it's much better now.