Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Moment of Breath

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Moment of Breath

this is lovely especially the dress truly realistic.
    dave.

Beautifully realized Pai...........if I could do this (the painting not the dance ) I would be truly happy!
    WONDERFUL!
    Da go Te'
    Best to you

Peter............
    Have a listen to or buy my music : http://www.reverbnation.com/playlist...artist_3522106
    and the Aubrey Small website:http://www.aubreysmall.com/
    My Facebook page:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010972992278

Thank you so much to D Akey, Rowena, damasocl, Jim, Fashmir, Storm, sabena, Enchanter, Scott, Robert, Gina, fraser_paice, Rain, Rick, Mairzie, Dave and Peter for all the nice comments and encouraging words. Also to others who had commented on my last few paintings. I just felt bad as Scott has mentioned before, to bring up my thread to the top. Now, there're so many more new members and new paintings per day.

@Bob, your recent comments are very deep especially the King Lear one. I am fine. Thank you.

Please forgive me I am not a person good with words. I found it more difficult than learning to paint. So it's quite harder to express my appreciation to you all with words especially in English.

So instead I try to paint more and post more as I can.
    (p.s. whew! this took me almost 2 hours to write it, the same time I have at weeknight to do my doodling)

Actually I don't have much time for painting now. That's a very sad part for me. I really wish I could stay home all day just to paint and learn more. I can only do some doodling and sketches during weekdays for practising and relaxing which I need it so badly. This one start as a sketch on Thursday night after work as usual. Then I just can "feel" it, then I was thinking about it the whole day at work on Friday, when I got home the minute, I just want to finish it. Took about 8 to 10 hours.
    I have a bad habit if I start off something I really like, I will just continue to work on it until it finish. But because of my health problem, I couldn't just have few hours sleep before go to work now. (I used to do that)

Try to paint the moment of a performer on stage that she feels is just her alone enjoying the movement of the body with music, her heart beat and her own breathing. She sees no audience at that moment. Just dancing for herself to the best as she could. Especially I like this pose, with her hands up high, arches her back, head up. Then the title just comes up. This is in my mind when I painted her.

I have hard time with the arms and fingers because the references photo is black and white and very blur. That's frustrated too. However, my recent hands sketches exercises kind of help a little bit.

The hand and arms is bothering me, so I tried to fix it. But don't know if it's worse than before.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RS261_m.jpg 
Views:	462 
Size:	485.4 KB 
ID:	19570  
    Last edited by pai; 08-18-2008 at 03:23 PM.

To be honest, the arm did bother me a bit. I think it's much better now.

Beautiful Pai.

stunning stuff pai ...10hrs or so well spent indeed .........

I'm in love with the folds, colors and how the dress flows Superb!

Judith
    See ArtRage2.5 and 3.0 Studio Pro Tutorials:
    http://www.youtube.com/JudithTramayne
    or
    https://www.artrage.com/artragebasic.html

Children's Book - The Wonderful World of Wunks
    Written, illustrated, animated and narrated by Judith Tramayne

oh..my...this is very old piece and i didn't know how i did that. very impulse one. Thanks so much to Rose, Bryon, Sammy, Silentman and Judith for all those kind words about this piece. again, many many thanks to all who like this piece.

Quote Originally Posted by pai View Post
    I just felt bad as Scott has mentioned before, to bring up my thread to the top. Now, there're so many more new members and new paintings per day.
    I personally think that's pretty unnecessary to overlay shame onto painting well and getting responses to one's excellent work.

It's twisted logic to think that hiding one's light under a basket is somehow being polite. Tends to keep everyone thinking that unskilled work is what we should be aiming at in fairness to beginners. I think showing skill is a way to lift everyone by showing what we can aspire to.

It's better to both show people what is possible and tell them how to get there. And thus we can all rise.

Please do not buy into that mindset Pai. You have too much to offer.

And I think Scott also fell victim to that notion that has been passed around here for a bit too long in my opinion.
    "Not a bit is wasted and the best is yet to come. . ." -- remembered from a dream

Absolutely beautiful painting.