PDA

View Full Version : Layers

cripster
06-11-2006, 10:07 AM
Hi all

sometimes when i'm doing a painting and using layers, i join the layers to see what it looks like then i can't undo to continue i have to close AR and reload my painting any ideas please

DaveRage
06-12-2006, 12:05 AM
Hi Graham,

Do you always join the layers in the same way? As in do you do a "merge with the layer below" or with a "merge all layers" before you see this problem? I'll see if I can reproduce any similar behaviour later today by doing a bunch of test runs with merging and undoing, but any specifics you can think of would be greatly useful.

If you find you have a painting which will sometimes do it when you merge and undo, feel free to fire it to me at support@ambientdesign.com as well. I'd be glad to have a look at it and see if I can get this happening here.

DaveRage
06-13-2006, 05:46 AM
Update to this:

I've not seen the behaviour you describe yet, so if you do have any of those specifics, definitely let me know. However, I -have- managed to reproduced some odd behaviour with undo/redo around merging, unmerging layers and making paint strokes in combination, which I've added to the buglist and we'll have a look at. This may very well be related to what you're seeing there!

cripster
06-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Thanks dave it is when i do undo after mergeing :D

Its no big thing as i just quit out and reload without saving