PDA

View Full Version : 3 mile creek

barnburner
11-07-2007, 08:16 PM
My road to progress seems a bit slow, but I'm still trying to get there. Here's my latest.

screenpainter
11-07-2007, 08:42 PM
ah barnburner, you have done a good piccie. There is something so inviting and pleasant here. Something about the peacefulness of it and the colors draw you right in. Beautiful work. :D The sky is a bit right out of the Cerulean blue tube but the other colors are very interesting and working really cool together. This shows a very cool style emerging. The chalk or crayon trees
are wonderful!

barnburner
11-07-2007, 08:46 PM
Thank you sir..

RobertSWade
11-07-2007, 09:55 PM
You've definately stepped it up a notch here. :) I especially like the color blending at the lower left.

barnburner
11-08-2007, 12:03 AM
Thanks Robert. Much appreciated.

11-08-2007, 06:45 AM
Nice one. I would call it 'Big Sky Over Three Mile Creek'.

I think it's great.

Would be cool to really do a nice job on the trees. Compositionally you could say all the stuff you're saying here if you make the trees really big creating a diagonal leading the eye to the creek. That way you would still be showing a lot of sky.

Anyway, you're doing great. Don't be bashful. Show is a little more Field and Stream.

If you want, you could even look at a nice photo of something like what you're doing. Reference helps to know what it all looks like.

Good start. I like the direct paint colors.

:D :D :D

This server is screwing up again. This is D Akey.

barnburner
11-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Thanks D Akey.

Interesting idea of about putting the trees on a diagonal. Maybe some smaller trees in the background, with the larger trees forming the diagonal down to the water?

I look at some reference pics sometimes to get ideas on how things should look. Trouble is - what I see, and what I can do, are not always the same thing. :)