PDA

View Full Version : Tide Pool

RobertSWade
10-27-2007, 07:18 AM
A concept only at this point. Need to go to school on Tinzo. C and C?

Caesar
10-27-2007, 07:39 AM
Tinzo can certainly teach a lot to most or all of us since h is superb artist and professional! I think however that You are already getting wonderful results Your own way.
I woul call this painting Transparencies and the liquid and gaseous athomespheres are gorgeously rendered mong the masses.
The water colours and movements are hypnotically beatiful and can be felt!
I had also a reminder of shells picking in Tanzaniz's sea.
Thanks Bob and Congratulations :D

tinzo
10-30-2007, 06:04 PM
Hi Bob, I think this work is terrific my friend, I like the background a lot, but the look you've got on that water..is brilliant. It's almost transparent. :shock:

D Akey
10-30-2007, 08:09 PM
Nice. I like the palette.

I'll suggest something, since you're looking like you're after realism in this one.

The water as it goes away from us might do with more reflection of the sky. And if not that, the amount of information under the water would be diminishing because of the increasing amount of water we're looking through.

Think subtle transition. We have a fairly low angle on this. Were we looking more down, it would be more equal as you've painted it.

All that aside, on principle it's just a good idea to change things slightly or greatly as needed. Helps create the illusion of distance and it's generally more interesting.

And detail and darks in this kind of pic come forward.

You're looking to include those things that enhance the illusion, while making it dazzle as a picture.

Everything else is great, including through the water close up. It rocks. . . Hope this kepls. . . and doesn't moss you up.

RobertSWade
10-30-2007, 08:17 PM
Ah, ok. I see that now. I knew there was something not right. I can fix that. Thanks DA. :)