PDA

View Full Version : Rossini clouds...

Taron
09-14-2007, 08:54 AM
Well, when ever I start liking something and just don't quite know where I'll go with it, I feel the urge to post it here...

It's still kind of like an empty canvas, inspired by good old bob ross, although I went a rather different way with the clouds... but anyway...
The mountains, foothills and trees are totally bob ross inspired, which is totally fun for me, but well... kinda hard to replicate the beauty of his quick little techniques... but at least some happy trees, what the heck. ;)

Here's the first quick toss out of a new landscape, but I want to put a subject into it. I just don't quite know what yet...

RobertSWade
09-14-2007, 01:32 PM
Bob Ross is smiling down on this one. Very nicely done. Looks almost done to me ... my mind is seeing a misty lake in the middle ground so maybe just some water indications or shore like objects at the very bottom?

Taron
09-15-2007, 09:38 AM
Alright, the lake was a sure thing, but I still want a subject... so here's step 2:

Taron
09-15-2007, 09:39 AM
And because I liked the sketch I elaborated a few times on it, not being happy about the shading until I restarted with it and made this... (skipping steps 3 and 4) here's step 5:

Taron
09-15-2007, 09:40 AM
I already know what I want next, but it might be even more tricky than the Nessy monstersnake... I'll keep that one a surprise.

Kind of odd, because one might think that the monster snake should be the surprise, hahaha...eh... well... anyway.

screenpainter
09-15-2007, 09:46 AM
amazing work Taron.
I was all set to love just the background which was already amazing art.
This is just totally awesome work.

hanzz
09-15-2007, 11:05 AM
great going as usual Taron !

I look forward to the finished piece.(though in my book, it would show a fisherman having a hard time catching his big fish/dragon) :wink:

Taron
09-15-2007, 11:47 AM
Pfffff.... man.
Has it been that obvious?

Well, my fisherman was supposed to be surprised, damnit!

Well, hell...I'll still make him! ;)

Taron
09-15-2007, 01:21 PM
Okidoki, here it is... whereby I thought of another little twist, but became to tired... time to go sleep!

I give you this one a little bigger.

AndyRage
09-15-2007, 09:05 PM
Hehe. That's definitely gotte be a surprise to find on the end of your line.
Brilliantly painted, too. The water flowing over the serpent is fantastic.

D Akey
09-15-2007, 09:22 PM
That line is busy! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taron
09-15-2007, 09:30 PM
Thanx, Andy! Yeah, I had some fun with this one. But I also found even more things I have to study more intensely. The cool part is, that I'm really excited about it, you know. I'm always so incredibly reluctant to look at reference, but logic and feeling seem to carry me only so far. Eventually I looked at some snakes and found a great but simple picture of a cobra, which helped a great deal with the shading. It's so hard to understand the way glossy, but deeply colored surfaces react in the light. I have a tendency to shade everything as if it was white and lit by the environment as well. Dark glossy surfaces pick up next to nothing in certain angles, regardless as to how bright the surrounding might be.

Anyway, I'm learning and having a blast!

Thanx again! Oh, and I'm really itching to get some more power for the brush/brizzles! As cheesy and cutesy Bob Ross' little shows are, they demonstrate the great power of brushes every much. One of the biggest kickers there is the ability to push a brush down into a certain direction without making a real stroke yet. I think it's the behavioral transition from pushing down to stroking. That might be easiest read from the pen by using tilt as indicator for how the brush is brought down on the canvas. And then of course a more elaborate simulation of the brizzles, which certainly have to be "tricked", but sounds like a lot of fun to program! As your credo already says.... ;)

Thanks again, Andy! :D