PDA

View Full Version : mission:-

xHaStex
09-03-2007, 11:19 PM
just seeing how far i could get in creating something 'different'.

xHaStex
09-04-2007, 08:20 PM
don't know where my picture went hopefully it is now being shown. sorry

D Akey
09-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Aha! I can see it.

Very fantastic. Hunter on another planet. I wonder. . .

Lots of details that tell a story.

What comes to mind is the question: Is this guy merely out for some tail?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

No, just kidding. But one could really get into details - like what kind of atmosphere or condition would produce a guy who looks like this? what was on the other end of the tail? Are tails precious, a delicacy, is it like rhinoceros horns. . . all very intriguing and would quite possibly pull someone who sees your creature into your story.

Cool stuff.

xHaStex
09-06-2007, 01:31 AM
cheerz D Akey,

im not sure i completely understand the 'tail' commets or a connection with rhino horn. maybe this is something you could ellaborate on please.

im glad that you think this guy could pull someone into his story.

thanks for your comments

xHaStex
09-06-2007, 01:31 AM
cheerz D Akey,

im not sure i completely understand the 'tail' commets or a connection with rhino horn. maybe this is something you could ellaborate on please.

im glad that you think this guy could pull someone into his story.

thanks for your comments

D Akey
09-06-2007, 03:08 AM
Sorry xHaStex, I went off on a tangent.

Isn't that a severed tail that he has on that spear?

If he's just lopped off a tail to cook, then I missed that. I kinda saw it as a trophy. nd trophy got me to wondering how and why.

Anyway, what got me to thinking is that one way to describe an alien is to associate him with something we know.

There are poachers in Africa who are killing off all the rhinoceros and simply taking their horns and leaving the rest of the bodies to rot.

They're not doing it for food. It's because they can get some money for the horns but only the horns.

And it's deplorable to all but the hunters because to them it's a way to make a living off the animals their people had hunted for eons. But to the rest of the world, they are killing off the rhinos to extinction.

Their killing methods are quite modern, thus making the threat severe.

Not unlike the buffalo in the American West with all the hunters riding the train and shooting as many buffalo as fast as they could shoot.

And since the buffalo became nearly extinct, we know it could happen. And we also know there is a certain degree of narrow minded, self-serving nature that would allow for that disregard for the world around them. . .

So if your hunter had similar attitudes, and the world had similar issues, that would tell us a great deal about him, his world and color our reaction to him.

On the other hand, he could simply be an exterminator and a heroic one from the size of that tail and he needs to bring back proof of his work.

He is also wearing a form fitting spandex kind of garment but is holding a crude spear which shows there could well be advanced and primitive civilizations on the planet that are involved. But he looks like a darn good hunter and probably pretty savvy.

Fascinating stuff, eh? Each direction of speculation could make a really cool story.

Really imaginative paintings. I like them a lot. And I'm intrigued by this guy you've painted.

Keep painting! I really enjoyed this one. :D :D :D

xHaStex
09-08-2007, 12:14 AM
D Akey

the 'tail' on the spear was not intended to be a tail but i would prefer to keep the true identity of the 'tail' to myself because i find your views on the picture very interesting and since it wasn't clear on the page as it was in my mind, i would never wish to shatter a persons perception when the truth was a lot less exciting. after reading your reply i have a greater understanding of what you meant and i like it. thankyou.

i appreciate your comments rather tons and lots.

i shall continue 'raging and will be posting more soon i hope.

i did look for some of your own work. ive seen your very good at giving advice/praise/thoughtful injections on peoples work and i wondered if you had any of your own. if so could you point me in the right direction. thankyou-please.

screenpainter
09-08-2007, 02:55 AM
A cool fantasy character...

Keep in mind if you force D Akey to post art we may lose our most disciplined informative, insightful and unbiased critiques. :D

ENCHANTER
09-08-2007, 11:09 AM
cool fantasy character..... :D

have u got a background .as in a scenic background?

I want to see his planet......or what planet he has invaded.....visited..etc. :)

gzairborne:'if you force D Akey to post art we may lose our most disciplined informative, insightful and unbiased critiques' :D

Dakey is more of a 'Yoda' in this forum...but there are rumours he's workinng on a painting at the moment :D

xHaStex
09-09-2007, 12:42 AM
cheerz for the comments enchanter and gzairborne.

i was intending for there to be a background featuring a kinda-like 'ground-hugging' tank in kindof a deserty type landscape with an overlayed side view of the telepathic 'being' controlling the warrior/hunter for reasons unknown but i got distracted by other pictures and decided to just leave it as a basic charater design.

i promise i force no-one to do anything, especially yoda.

rumors eyyy..... :wink: