PDA

View Full Version : paint brush

Hypnomedi
05-27-2006, 02:03 PM
I am trying to follow a video paint tutorial from Bob Ross.
He also uses other brushes ,for example a width paint brush
that he uses for painting trees. Horizontal and vertical.
here you can see what I mean.

http://users.pandora.be/jelan/voorbeeld.avi

Can I do the same effect with the other brushes??
maybe an idea for the programmers to add this brush?

Johan

Aldrik
05-27-2006, 03:51 PM
This can be done by turning the loading down very low (1-3%) and clicking without draging to simulate the same dabbing action as in the video.

After a bit more playing, I found you can get a finer effect by putting some paint on first & using a dry brush (0% loading & auto clean off).

Aged P
05-27-2006, 04:16 PM
Hi Johan,

I have been a Beta tester on ArtRage since about October last year.

All that time I have been mentioning Bob Ross, and doing Conifers with the edge of a big brush. Ambient are probably sick of me mentioning it!

But they are the best design guys in the world and will eventually solve this problem.

Although there are lots of other ways to get the effect they are all time consuming. You always end up putting in one little tree mark at a time.

If you want to do Bob Ross stuff there are a couple of downloads in Tips and Tricks. They are as close to Liquid White and Black as I can get. Just import one of them into ArtRage when you start. Try using the Palette Knife set to 0% for "smooshing" paint about, it's very subtle.

Making a black canvas, or just importing a black .jpg doesn't work properly.

The Palette Knife is wonderful, but you can't load it with a "little roll of paint". The Airbrush does things just as good, especially "little misty areas".

Have fun, ArtRage is cheaper then a real Bob Ross Palette Knife!

Aldrik's way of doing round leaf trees is the other method I use.

Hypnomedi
05-27-2006, 05:43 PM
thanks for the tips, I shall try them.

Johan