PDA

View Full Version : Water and Boats WIP

Stephen Lo Piano
07-30-2007, 07:30 PM
I have this painting that is taking quite some time and still needs a lot of work yet here is a preview. This image started out as shown in my first image here. Changed the faces a bit and added more detail in the second stage plus attempting to make a harmonious mountain scene background.
Using oil paint for most of the painting yet find the air brush helps with the fine details.

Idea started from a personal photograph a relative gave me from a vacation tour at the San Fransisco Pier many years ago. First image without mountains is a closer resemblance.

Stephen Lo Piano
07-30-2007, 07:31 PM
Here is stage two of the painting.

Still lots of work to complete, do not feel as though I am there yet.
Need to attend to details throughout entire painting.
At this stage the painting really departs from the photo used to start as a reference.

AndyRage
07-30-2007, 07:55 PM
Yowza. Stunning stuff, Stephen. I love your vibrant style.
The view with all the masts is typical of the Auckland waterfront. You can go to many cafes along the waterfront and have a view of so many yachts in the marinas.

D Akey
07-30-2007, 10:22 PM
Very nice style. I would love to be there. I feel like I have been many times. Seems familiar. But with your voice it seems unique.

Stephen Lo Piano
07-31-2007, 10:54 PM
Just picked up your latest update 2.5. I like the palette knife extensions for blending colors. Just in time to help me complete this painting I am working on here. Already spent several hours with this new tool on this painting and seems to help a lot.

Your new layers features are very good also. The ability to move objects on a layer and copying/paste provides an excellent addition to the features of the Art Rage program.

Stephen Lo Piano
08-08-2007, 02:44 AM
Latest update on this painting and progress made since last posting.

Stephen Lo Piano
08-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Updated August 28, 2007. Signed it with the new 2.5 update stencils.