PDA

View Full Version : Built-in eraser on some tablets not working.

Naman
05-20-2006, 12:40 AM
I'd been hearing this was an issue with some Graphire tablets, but I've got an Intuos 2 6x8, and it doesn't work for me either, which is the main thing that frustrates me when trying to use AR. I'm curious as to if it's known that the issue extends to at least some models of Intuos tablets, and if it's being worked on. Just in case, relevant specifications:

Dual 2 GHz G5
2 GB RAM
Mac OS 10.4.6
Wacom Tablet Driver 4.9.6-3

Other than that and some speed issues, I like Art Rage a lot. Thanks for making it, and pricing it reasonably.

drzeller
05-20-2006, 03:07 AM
The eraser works fine on my Intuos 3 6x8. It also works fine on my Acer and two different Toshiba Tablet PC's (yes, I have a gadget purchasing problem...).

As an aside, I admit to having not read every post in the forums, but I do not recall much discussion about this. Are you referring to this issue as being AR-specific, or about tablets in general?

Something that crosses my mind is whether people with this issue have particular settings for the eraser end of their tablet set optimally. It is possible to set the eraser end to other functions. I also am guessing that folks are using the Wacom drivers (which do not come with Tablet PC's - so that could be the cause of problems there).

Best wishes,
D.

justG
05-20-2006, 06:43 AM
Just to add another data point:

AMD Athlon XP
512MB RAM
XP Pro/SP 2
Wacom Graphire (original ET series, 4x5)
AR2 2.11 Full

Eraser is working fine. *knocks on head*

- Gita

Naman
05-20-2006, 08:54 PM
The eraser works fine on my Intuos 3 6x8. It also works fine on my Acer and two different Toshiba Tablet PC's (yes, I have a gadget purchasing problem...).

As an aside, I admit to having not read every post in the forums, but I do not recall much discussion about this. Are you referring to this issue as being AR-specific, or about tablets in general?

Something that crosses my mind is whether people with this issue have particular settings for the eraser end of their tablet set optimally. It is possible to set the eraser end to other functions. I also am guessing that folks are using the Wacom drivers (which do not come with Tablet PC's - so that could be the cause of problems there).

Best wishes,
D.

It hasn't been discussed on the forums to my knowledge, but I'd heard from some people who emailed tech support on it. And it's Art Rage specific. The eraser works fine in Photoshop. I originally didn't have the tablet drivers installed (as my OS has built in support for it) and that worked fine in PS too. I installed the drivers hoping I could tweak it to work in Art Rage, but that didn't help. And yes, my eraser is set to be an eraser in Art Rage, it just doesn't do it in AR itself. It treats both sides of the pen the same, only with slightly different pressure settings.

Oh yeah, and I am using AR 2.1 Full.

AndyRage
05-21-2006, 10:06 AM
There was an issue with the 2.05 version of ArtRage and inverting pens on Macintosh OSX. But should have been fixed with the changes we made in 2.1

Sounds like there still might be a few issues, in that case.

PapaGeorgio
05-25-2006, 08:49 PM
Hey. I've got an Intuos 3 and a Mac Powerbook.
When I use the eraser end of my stylus with AR it only works sometimes.
It's odd. I'll erase something and something else I erased a few steps back reappears. I notice the edit menu is flashing when I use it so I'm guessing that there is a connection to undo/redo functions.

royblumenthal
07-24-2006, 08:55 PM
I'm using ArtRage 2.11 on a Toshiba Tecra M4 tablet pc (which uses a NON-Wacom pen system), and the eraser works perfectly.

I'm on Windows XP Pro Tablet Edition with a gig of ram, and not a lot of processing power.

Blue skies
love
Roy