PDA

View Full Version : My security

ferrim_team
05-19-2006, 07:51 PM
I have a rather stange query..
I just downloaded Zone Alarm and im finding when i leave my pc on idle my internet stops working.

Does anyone know why this happens?
i would be very keen to keep zone alarm but it keeps on locking me out!

Fashmir
05-19-2006, 08:52 PM
I have actually had this very problem myself. I turn it off when I'm online and back on when I leave the machine sitting for a while. Definately not an ideal situation but I'm just not an IT guy.

Improv
05-19-2006, 11:25 PM
I have a rather stange query..
I just downloaded Zone Alarm and im finding when i leave my pc on idle my internet stops working.

Does anyone know why this happens?
i would be very keen to keep zone alarm but it keeps on locking me out!

ZoneAlarm has the capability to lock all Internet access after a specified period of inactivity.

You can enable the internet connection again by going to the tray icon (the yellow and red ZA icon or if it's locked the 'lock' icon) and right clicking on it. There should be a tick mark to the left of the item 'engage internet lock'. Click on it and the lock icon should change back to the ZA icon.

If you want to disable automatic internet lock or specify a longer time before the lock activates, double click on the ZA icon in the tray. This opens a setup window. On the left side, Click on the item 'Program Control.

Look at the box labelled 'Automatic Lock' . Here you can enable or disable the locking. If you wish to change the locking settings, click on the 'Custom' button.

Hope that helps.

8)