PDA

View Full Version : Losing menus ...?

Cooner
05-09-2006, 02:28 PM
Question ...

From time to time I'll be working on a drawing for awhile, when I'll go up to the menu and find that ALL the menu items in all the menus are greyed-out and unselectable. The only way to bring them back is to save (using command-s) and quit (using command-q), then reopen the file.

Any thoughts on what could be causing this, or anyone else seen it? Unfortunately it's not exactly reproducible at will and I haven't yet noticed any particular pattern of what causes it, other than that it usually happens after I've been working for a while.

Running Mac OS X 10.4.6 on a dual-G4 with 2GB of RAM, by the way.

MattRage
05-09-2006, 11:32 PM
This sounds to me like a bug in the modality code. Basically, when a modal dialog appears inside ArtRage it disables the menus, and when that dialog vanishes it is meant to re-enable them. I have not found any problems with this yet but it's really sounding like that. Given that, can you think of any particular dialogues that are open before this happens?

Cooner
05-11-2006, 12:39 AM
Off the top of my head I can't think of any specifics ... I'll try to keep an eye open and see if I can notice any particular pattern of what happens before I lose the menus.

Thanks!