PDA

View Full Version : Tablet Buttons

sweeneymini
05-07-2006, 11:54 PM
I read in a magazine article that you can customise the buttons on Wacom tablets for different programs. Did it mean change them through the program itself or is there a way of doing it in the wacom control panel?

justG
05-08-2006, 02:52 AM
Check page 52 of your manual. =] It's accomplished in the control panel for your tablet. You create application-specific settings by first selecting the tool you want to modify (functions). Then you click on the application lists (+) button to add an application to the list. You'll see that the icon that previously said "All" in the application list now says "All Others." With your newly added application selected in the application list, you can now customise your tablet's functions for that application by clicking on the ExpressKeys tab and making your changes.

I don't know which tablet you have. I got this info from the Intuos3 manual posted on the Wacom web site. I have a Graphire (no ExpressKeys or Touch Strips), so I can't vouch for the accuracy of the information.

Hope it helps,
Gita

Cooner
05-08-2006, 04:10 AM
I got an Intuos3 recently, and yup, that's pretty much it. A control panel for the tablet gets installed in your System Preferences (or the Windows equivalent), and you can program the various buttons to stand in for various keystrokes, mouse clicks, and modifier keys, either for all applications or create sets for specific applications.

Whatever application you're using doesn't have to worry about what buttons you're hitting at all. The tablet just passes them along as though you'd typed or clicked whatever you programmed for that key, and the program interprets it as such.

Incidentally, you can usually program the various buttons and clickers on your stylus in the same way.

sweeneymini
05-08-2006, 10:54 PM
I have a graphire4. I was refering to the buttons on the top and on the pen.

It looks like the custom app configs aren't possible with the G4 then. Thanks for the help though :)

justG
05-09-2006, 12:53 AM
Whoops. That's right, Application and Tool settings are not supported (http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/aboutgraphics/ss/intuosgraphire_2.htm) on the Graphire4. Sorry. =[

- Gita