PDA

View Full Version : Getting your artrage creations on the wall

Jules
05-03-2006, 08:22 PM
Has it been mentioned on this forum about printing artrage artworks onto canvas or giclee, so you can frame them or put them on the wall? Seems a shame for them to be seen just on the screen.

Has anyone done this?

heikki
05-04-2006, 02:43 AM
:)

Hei, Jules. you have nice web-sites and fine drawings.

I have the same question-issue on table.

I can print art-drawings on paper and put it to glass-frametable but it is too expensive.

Postcards-printing is quite easy done todays and enough cheap.

I try to found method and/or digital printing company to have printed drawings directly bold board (pasteboard?).

Bold board (bold "paper" 7-10mm) which is enough strong so it can put on the wall directly without any kind of glass-frames. Only affix small holder edge of it. And size maybe between A5,A4,A3,A2.
( There is differences between size of A-series and monitor-sizes, so that much remember when make drawings both using. One solution is to leave enough space round of object? )

:?:
If somebody knows who can paint drawings directly bold paper-board, please let us know.

br.Heikki.

:)

Aged P
05-04-2006, 06:21 AM
Not directly printed, but I have used adhesive inkjet paper onto thin foamboard. Very easy to get wrinkles, but it looks good.

Austin_Texas
05-04-2006, 07:30 AM
I've printed mine on multiple sheets and glued them together. I use a photo editor program called PhotoBrush to print them because it lets me specify the exact length and width of the final printed image. I think most newer print drivers can do the same thing these days also, without using separate software. You can find some nicer frames that are actually poster frames and aren't very expensive.
Many times when I start a new painting, I'll see what unused frames I have and make the canvas the same proportion so that I wont have to crop it later.
I use the same photo editor mentioned above to make matts around the painting before printing.
The attached example consists of 9 pieces of 8.5x11 paper glued together.

Jules
05-07-2006, 09:07 PM
HI heikki thanks for the compliments.

I dont want to use my printer, I even thought about importing my work into photoshop elements catalogue and ordering it online via kodak, as my printer not up to the job, its only A4 and clogs like hell. It would be fab if you could get some artrage work onto a deep edged canvas 8)

Aged P
05-08-2006, 05:07 AM
Hi Jules,

I haven't taken this step yet, I'm angling for one as a birthday present!

http://www.segueart.co.uk/default.aspx
http://www.photoartistry.co.uk/default.asp
http://www.fotoserve.com/shop/canvas.html

royblumenthal
07-24-2006, 08:07 PM
I routinely print my photos out at those 'instant' photo kiosks that have sprung up all over the place to service the digital camera market. (You know the type I mean... you slap your CF card or SD card or bluetooth or IR into the machine, touch the screen to select your pic, pay them, and out pop glossy or matt photos.)

They come out AWESOMELY.

What you're after is printing on canvas, using an inkjet printer.

What you need to do is look up high-end repro bureaus in your area. The easiest way to do that is to phone a local advertising agency, and ask them who they do their repro with.

Go to the repro house, and ask them for a quote.

In South Africa, I can get my pic printed on an A0 piece of heavy canvas using outdoor ink (an absolute must -- they're fairly colourfast) for around R1000 (that's very roughly US$120 or 80.

And yup... they come out fantastically amazing. I've had the pleasure of designing a whole bunch of set backdrops for a piece of industrial theatre I wrote, and oversaw the printing. Thrilling stuff.

Blue skies
love
Roy

PS: Be absolutely sure you ask for OUTDOORS ink, NOTTTTTTTT indoors. The outdoors ink is UV resistant, and is normally pigment based ink. The indoors ink will fade within a year of printing, cos the ink is chemical dye, not pigment, and has no UV resistance.

John the Artist
07-25-2006, 11:59 AM
I send mine to be photographically printed (Either by Mpix or White House Custom Color (http://www.whcc.com)) and they are beautiful. I hate inkjet or thermal wax transfers. Walmart's Kodak print station looks like crap compared to a real photograph print of your work.

WHCC is my preferred printer, and they are cheap for a semi-glossy photograph:

8x10 = $2.00
11x14 = $3.85
16 x 20 = $12.75

You must do your own pre-press though, and use their ICC profile to proof against for color accuracy (and preferably on a color-calibrated system) but if you're serious about selling your digital art its the only way to go. You could just guess at the color accuracy but it will probably come back too dark in print, as most people brighten up their monitors too much without knowing it's effect on the image.

I usually put a black border around mine in Photoshop and color-tweak it there before I FTP it up to WHCC. They look so sweet I can't begin to express how it feels.

=)

leechie
01-08-2007, 12:43 AM
click on artwanted link

http://www.geocities.com/leach_geoff/

Printing options for artists and buyers on this site

Not sure of all the sizes offered

Might be an option for you

Verticae
01-08-2007, 01:33 AM
deviantART's print program allows for canvas prints, of very high quality.