PDA

View Full Version : Painting favorite models

stevemawmv
12-14-2013, 09:50 PM
This one is just for fun, and also a practice.
Rough draft with my color picks...

stevemawmv
12-14-2013, 09:53 PM
Just pushing paint around now!
Combination of blending knives and soft brush, increasing thinner
setting to produce the tint value differences.

AndreaMG
12-15-2013, 04:31 AM
Hi Steve, nice progress:D That's the way I do: without any sketches I immediately block in and then I use as much colors as I can similar as you did in the first stage but I tend to blend the brushstrokes a lot more (that's the very first blending, the most aggressive one), then I blend with the "hard out smudge" knife, when done it's time to go back to the brushes a bit to touch up things, them go back with the knife again and then it's the turn of the frosting and blur knifes and finally I go back with the hard out smudge again to get a clearer picture. In the whole process some things are deliberately left rough and loose to keep the painted feel. Keep it going!! :p

jmac
12-15-2013, 01:04 PM
I like this a lot. And appreciate your showing the progression.

stevemawmv
12-15-2013, 06:58 PM
Thanks Andrea....
Following your advise, and greatly appreciate all of it!
I need it! You know my dark, half blended work. Which may be
my natural style.

Thank you too, Jmac....
I'm seen your work! Beautiful painting, I'm looking for that farm with the horses!

*Continuing on!
Just more blending, worked on ears, mouth and eyes.
Dreading really finishing hair and tweaking the eyes'!
But, really enjoying doing this practice!

copespeak
12-15-2013, 10:04 PM
She is just meltingly beautiful Steve! Lovely, lovely..... :)

AndreaMG
12-15-2013, 10:39 PM
Nice! You're getting closer and closer. If I may, try yo blend with some blur frosting the lips, nose marks and eyebrows, the transition between the flesh and those parts must be smooth. Her hair looks very promising, too. When finished you have to add a background, but you are a master with those and you don't need any advises:D. Keep it going!

stevemawmv
12-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Thanks Robyn!
Working hard on it, don't want it perfect, just nice!
Thanks for finding me in here, it's lonely..lonely..lonely..
Is that a echo?
Take Care,
Steve

HarlequiNQB
12-17-2013, 08:37 PM
She's coming along so well - I think this is my favourite of yours so far. Gorgeous work. "You've done a man's job sir."

My 5c though - I don't think she needs much of a background, but that might be because I've seen it like this, and it works so well already.

stevemawmv
12-18-2013, 10:15 AM
Hello Andrea,
Been busy at work, and getting ready for the Holidays.
It's the getting "closer and closer" thats I'm stumbing on!
And I felt bad about her image in the early stages that I posted
in the gallery. So, I allowed her some time off, and posted a 'Not
Done image' in the gallery, a apology for presenting her so badly!
I get back to her next week!
Again, thanks for all your
help,
Enjoy your Holidays,
Steve

Pic#2
Some ear, nose and chin blending. colorless blending knife.

stevemawmv
12-18-2013, 09:23 PM
HarlequiNQB...
It's getting to the point where I think she almost done, because the more I pushed paint around and compare what I just did with earlier
saves, she looks the same! Then I compare it with other stuff I've done. And sure enough, it looks like all the rest of my 'not really finished with the blending' work!... Either, this is my style, or I'm lazy...or tired?
Going to come back to her next week!

Anyway!
Take care,
Steve

Ear progression...
Defining with knives and Colorless blender l tool.
Well, I decided that I really hate ears!
Or maybe just my model's....

AndreaMG
12-19-2013, 03:17 AM
Again, thanks for all your
help,
Enjoy your Holidays,
Steve
Hi dear friend, you're quite welcome! To my eyes she already looks gorgeous even at the present stage. I'm still learning myself how to properly paint and I clearly feel that the more I paint the better the results are... Enjoy your Holidays as well! Cheers

jmac
12-19-2013, 04:29 PM
Just my opinion...While I have enjoyed seeing the progression and how you arrive at what feels like the final result to you, I believe each of these "versions" stand on their own and conjure different emotions. I like them all. Each time I look at the "finished" version I have the same reaction. Aside from the initial "Man I would like to paint like that", I am reminded of the work of portrait/western artist James Bama. Maybe it's the palette, maybe the expression or the way you have composed the piece, I'm not sure. I am sure that you have made a very fine painting.

stevemawmv
12-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Hello Andrea,
Thanks for checking in on me!
And thank you for your kind comment on the current progress of the painting. I keep looking at it, and fighting the urge to say, Hey! It's done!
But realistically, it really isn't done! Keep seeing things I should have caught early on, and now I will try to correct them.
So, I'm going to continue on with this one a bit longer, staying within my style, but with little more clarity and smoother blends.
Again, Thanks!
Steve

P.S. How's Sarah coming along?
Looking forward to you posting it,
already know it's going to be worth the
wait!

stevemawmv
12-20-2013, 06:42 PM
Hello Jmac....

Thank you!

I'm kinda glad I started this thread, I guess it would have made more sense including what tools and settings were used, but don't know the terminology. Usually just start trying things untill I get the results I'm looking for.
I'm happy to hear that you've enjoyed the progression of this project! Let's me know that the thread had some value. It's been an enjoyable
project for me, and will continue to be so!
As for painting, when are you going to post another one of yours?
You've got a really good, realistic style going from what I saw in your painting, It would be nice someday, to be able to accomplish what you can clearly already do presently. i'm sure we all would enjoy seeing more of your work.
Thanks again, and take care!
Steve

P.S.
'James Bama', fantastic paintings!
Thanks!

jmac
12-21-2013, 05:27 AM
Thanks for the interest Steve. Painting is something I am trying to make my way back to. I have started a new Art Rage painting and though digital is faster, I am still very slooow so it will be awhile. Till then I have uploaded a few paintings i did a long time ago to the Gallery section. Hope you enjoy.

Happy Holidays to all.

stevemawmv
12-21-2013, 08:18 PM
Update....
'NOT DONE!'
Had to put in a 'temp background', just to give myself a idea what's going on in the light reflections effects.
More endless blending going on, still trying and using colorless blending l and ll knifes.
Also posted, 'hopefully the last ear...five replies up!
Not even thinking about the hair yet!
Steve

stevemawmv
12-21-2013, 09:04 PM
Hello Jmac,
You've started on the path back to something I can clearly see you once thoroughly enjoyed doing, you can see it in all of your earlier paintings.
I'm very happy for you, and I sense you are too!

'Stay on that path! Would be a sad thing for your talent to paint, to simple fade away, and be just a distant memory for you, and everyone else that has seen
your beautiful, and inspiring work!

Thanks for visiting,
it encourages me to continue!
Spite the fact, so few are seeing this!
But, then again!
I think I'm doing it, just to be able to check on my own
progress! And that's the fun part!
Take Care Friend,
Steve

jmac
12-22-2013, 06:43 AM
Thanks Steve. I appreciate your comments...You know when I heard you first mention a background I thought "Hmmm, I really like the minimalist look you have going". But after seeing the nice subtle warm tone you've put in I have to say it really warms the piece nicely and makes the highlights just glow. Very nice!

copespeak
12-22-2013, 08:52 AM
She's been beautiful all the way along, and remains so now. The back ground colour works well. You should be very pleased.

stevemawmv
12-23-2013, 03:15 PM
Hey, Robyn!
Thank you for thinking so! I really appreciate it, coming from you and all the other talented artist who've visited the thread.
It's turning out to be one long practice learning just how far my limited talent can take me. At least, on this project!
Andrea has been coaching, and pushing me along the way with helpful tips, and giving me incentive to continue and not
just say, 'that's it, it's done, that's my style'!
And with you taking the time to vist and comment, just makes it a easier as well!
So it continues...
Again, thank you for your visits,
and you encouraging words!
Take Care,
Steve

stevemawmv
12-27-2013, 11:31 PM
Some eyes and nose progressions,
Frost and Colorless Blender Tools.
Still needs work...
Tips welcome!

jmac
12-28-2013, 04:23 PM
That is stellar work sir! Really very nicely done.

AndreaMG
12-29-2013, 09:39 AM
Last one looks almost like a photo! :D Nicely done Steve!

stevemawmv
12-29-2013, 06:02 PM
Jmac....

Why, thank you sir!
Coming from you, is a well received compliment!
Remember, I've seen your work and I think it's outstanding!
How are you coming along with painting in Artrage?
For me, I'm learning something new daily.
So, thanks again and I'm Looking forward to your
next painting!
Steve

copespeak
12-29-2013, 06:41 PM
There's a lovely softness about it. :)

stevemawmv
12-29-2013, 07:08 PM
Andrea....
Thank you!
Going to give this one a rest untill I finish the one I'm in trouble with!
Really love how you did Sarah, turned out great! I'm studying it to get
some tips in how you did it!
Take Care Friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
12-29-2013, 07:16 PM
Hi, Robyn!
Thank you!, Trying real hard to accomplish just that. It's them eye's with
all that shadowing that's getting me! I really appreciate your visits, I'm
checking out how you paint hair, looking to be my next big challenge!
Take Care,
Steve

jmac
12-30-2013, 10:33 AM
I have come back to these last four images several times just to look and study. I mean no offense to Andrea with these comments and I fully understand and appreciate her saying the last image "looks all most like a photo". But to me this is much better than a photo. There is a liquidity in the eyes that is more suggestive of realism than it is photographic and fills that area with emotion. The blending is both smooth and textural in places. There is a softness that is not "realistic" but which not only makes the painting look real but feel real as well. There is a touchable quality there which furthers the emotion. Emotion which is obviously present but which almost defies words. Which I guess is why a picture is worth so many of them.

I am a fan of photography as an art form. I know it takes a great deal more to produce a great photograph than a camera and the manual dexterity to press the shutter release. But there are characteristics in painting which are not possible (without photoshop) in photography. For me the hope, though not always successful, was always to use photographs as a reference to produce a painting that was better than the sum of those photos. To me, what Steve is doing here is such a painting and I say that without having seen the photo he is using as a reference. The painting is striking and beautiful on many levels and I appreciate the chance to watch it evolve.

AndreaMG
12-30-2013, 10:56 PM
Going to give this one a rest untill I finish the one I'm in trouble with!
Really love how you did Sarah, turned out great! I'm studying it to get
some tips in how you did it!

Thank you Dear Steve. Here below the link where you can download the "png" file at native resolution;)

http://www.mediafire.com/view/0os88iakq35dlie/Buffy%20-%20Copia.png

Take care!

stevemawmv
12-31-2013, 12:57 AM
Hello James,

It's a tough call on my part, trying to figure out where the blending of both media should meet and end,
without straying away from the style of my earlier paintings. Which I purposely would not blend my images
so precisely, in the believe that it's the style I wanted to persue.

Your observation, "The blending is both smooth and textural in places" is exactly what I think I'm trying
to achieve. A soft roughness, mixed with smooth blends, sort of near photorealastic, but not quite. My
saving grace, I haven't the talent for photorealastic painting. Anyway, what I'm going for is a slight blur,
some what dark photo image effect, but rough and soft at the same time. Well, that doesn't make sense!
But I think you know what I'm trying to say.

Just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your visits and comments. This one, has told me
that I'm getting close to achieving my goals for this painting, and possibly future one's as well.

Thank you....
Best Wishes,
and Happy New Year!
Steve

I've included an example of early work, just to compare if I'm straying to far away from the my original style.
Please comment if you wish!

stevemawmv
12-31-2013, 01:03 AM
Thanks Andrea,
Hope you have a great celebration for the coming of the new year!
Best Wishes and
Take Care,
Steve

AndreaMG
12-31-2013, 10:11 PM
Thanks Andrea,
Hope you have a great celebration for the coming of the new year!
Best Wishes and

You too Dear Steve. The first painting is soo good, which one is it? Is that one of your daughters? if you want to achieve a more painterly look try to reduce canvas "grain size" and/or "roughness", I noticed that even if it undoubtedly adds an element of realism to the painting simulation, it does take away some tiny details.

stevemawmv
12-31-2013, 11:35 PM
Hi Andrea,
Oldest daughter.... face crop only, from a earlier painting with a huge background.
It's just a comparison, to see if I'm straying off track from my original style , with the current painting.
Somebody can let me know if they want too....
Take Care,
Steve

*Will return to work on the lips of the new painting, as soon as I finish my last daughters painting!

*New Years resolution.....
#1: Paint one at a time, no more multiple paintings!

jmac
01-01-2014, 11:02 AM
Hi Steve. The early work is nice but for me...I prefer the new one. It is cleaner and there is more nuance in the blending that makes it more interesting and engaging. But thats just a personal preference.

stevemawmv
01-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Hello James,
I have to agree with you on that, glad you gave me your opinion.
I'm starting to see that changing just alittle in method, doesn't take away from my style of painting.

Now, I have to stop myself from going over all my earlier work, fortunately its not a lot!
I have just one or two that I would like tweek, the rest are 'me in my learning stage', and should be kept as is.
Best Wishes for a great
New Year for you!
Take Care,
Steve

*Starting shirt, sketched, color picks and texture...
NOT DONE!

stevemawmv
01-06-2014, 04:18 PM
I'm testing some background concepts, and this is
the 'UNDONE' concept #1.
If I use it, may get a few extra things in it....

justjean
01-06-2014, 05:36 PM
Your daughter is beautiful Steve as is your painting of her :)

jmac
01-06-2014, 05:44 PM
I liked it with the minimalist background of the earlier versions but I have to say this does a nice job of focusing attention on the face and eyes. I like the color palette and the darks at the bottom. It all works to fill the space without detracting from the subject. Nicely done.

stevemawmv
01-06-2014, 07:32 PM
Hi Jean,
You found my little hiding place, welcome and thank you for commenting.
Still have one more to go, soon I hope, keeping that one under wraps.
Thanks again!
and take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
01-06-2014, 07:57 PM
Hello James,
I'm just going to try to get the most effective background I can without taking the focus off
my model. But, you've seen my previous paintings, there just has to be something back there.
Your right though, I will keep a minimalist approach in doing it.
Going to think about, and start another one just for practice.
Thank you and take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
01-08-2014, 08:32 PM
Slight distraction, practicing on doing a larger painting.....
This one will probably will take a long time as well!
Still thinking about backgrounds.....
Take Care,
Steve

copespeak
01-08-2014, 10:19 PM
She is just beautiful Steve! Your style is very unique. Looking forward to seeing where this next one goes, but coming together really well so far. :cool:

stevemawmv
01-09-2014, 09:16 PM
Thanks Robyn,
I'm going to get back to her next week, just want to finish at this point!
As for my practice painting, I screwed up and didn't have the correct dimensions I wanted.
So I cropped him, and will start over at another time
Steve

Undone, will finish complete painting later!

Rom__
01-09-2014, 11:23 PM
Wow! Great! Love the picture of the girls!

jmac
01-10-2014, 10:29 AM
I am envious of the speed with which you accomplish such nice work. Another strong painting here.

stevemawmv
01-11-2014, 08:44 PM
Hello Rom,
Thanks for visiting, glad you like them!
Take Care, and paint
some more!
Steve

stevemawmv
01-12-2014, 10:07 PM
Hello James,
Thanks for visiting, and your kind comments. Still may go back to this one
and finish the background.
Take Care Friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
01-13-2014, 09:19 PM
Sunday practice.....

stevemawmv
01-14-2014, 09:56 PM
Just an update on blending and detailing, still along way to go.

copespeak
01-14-2014, 10:10 PM
He's the 'I love the smell of napalm in the morning' man, isn't he? What a crazy, but powerful movie that was.

Looking very good Steve!

stevemawmv
01-14-2014, 10:18 PM
Very good Robyn, glad to see someone else remembers Coppola's movie..
I was telling the people at work that I watched it last week, and not one person
knew what I was talking about...
Oh Well!
Thanks for popping in,
Steve

stevemawmv
01-17-2014, 08:34 PM
Almost done, still detailing and blending...

AndreaMG
01-19-2014, 12:40 AM
Hi Dear Steve, not a big fan of the movie, but your painting is absolutely gorgeous! I can't tell the brush strokes (they might have been liquefied by napalm:D), it seems you and I are taking opposite directions, now I lean towards a more impressionistic / figurative style while your paintings are getting more and more realistic :p Take care!!

stevemawmv
01-19-2014, 09:19 PM
Dear Andrea,
That was such a memorable scene, I had to paint it and get it out of the way...
was cloudling my obsessive 'BR' mode which I'm still in, Now back to rachael!
Thank you!

You know I'm enjoying your venture into impressionistic painting, very exciting
results are emerging, and I'm enjoying them as they unfold. As fore me, looked
at my earlier work, knew I wanted a more smooth realistic feel, but just did'nt
know how to accomplish it. I just started digitally painting, 'for that matter any
kind of painting just seven months ago. So it's a uphill battle for me, and fustating
at times.
I throughly enjoy and greatly appreaciate your comments and help that you've
given me, and look forward to them continuing .
Take care friend,
Steve

jmac
01-20-2014, 05:20 AM
You really do a beautiful job with skin tones.

stevemawmv
01-20-2014, 11:17 AM
Thanks James,
Think I'm done here, was going for a faded 35mm photo effect, shot with a old Nikon F camera.
Hopefully came close, don't know but I tried my best....
I appreciate your comments and your visits!
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
01-20-2014, 08:40 PM
I'm easily distracted, so I started another one....
I lack discipline when it comes to staying on and finishing a painting.
Think it comes from the fact that I started painting so late, just want
to do as many as I can, because I thoroughly enjoy this new light in
my life.
Corny, I know!
Take care all,
Steve

AndreaMG
01-21-2014, 08:53 AM
I like what I see ;)

justjean
01-21-2014, 08:58 AM
Beautiful paintings, Steve , this is still my fav. :D
http://forums.artrage.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=78390&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1387083368

stevemawmv
01-21-2014, 08:44 PM
Andrea.....
Thanks, just trying something different.

Jean....
Yeah, I like that one as well, still working on it from time to time.

Thank you both,
and take care...
Steve

A little more progress...

copespeak
01-21-2014, 10:52 PM
Fabulous Steve! Watching with interest. :cool:

stevemawmv
01-25-2014, 03:17 PM
Thanks Robyn,
Kinda going slow on this one.....
Thanks for checking in on me!
Take care,
Steve

Will leave the eyes undetailed, I like the effect...
Offset pupil as well!

HarlequiNQB
01-28-2014, 07:37 PM
It seems you feel our work is not a benefit to the public.

Though I have to say, your work is certainly a benefit to us. :) I've wanted to paint a Bladerunner picture for a long time, but I suspect it would be like a drop of arsenic in the champaign of your very good work.

stevemawmv
01-28-2014, 10:08 PM
Hey James,
I just like hanging out in here, as for the work, it's fun and gives me something other to do then
watching the tube....
And I will sneak some of these out once in awhile, because I do like sharing what I've done with
the good people in this forum.
Thanks for visiting...
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
01-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Another slight distraction I started tonight....
probably won't finish, It's kinda goofy.....

stevemawmv
01-30-2014, 07:51 PM
Yeah, I know wrong model... just a practice!

A slight update, a little more detailing and contemplating how
I'm going to do the hair....Oh Yeah! also eyelashes and eyebrows.
Always a toughy with me, usually just blur everything.

stevemawmv
01-31-2014, 10:26 PM
Think I'm calling this one done, just don't want
to finish it right now.

AndreaMG
02-02-2014, 10:44 AM
Wow, what a close-up! Who is she?

stevemawmv
02-02-2014, 12:29 PM
Dear Andrea,
Firstly, I thank you for giving me courage for trying this 'Close Up', Have enjoyed
viewing yours and thought I'd give it a try..... I've got a ways to go though!
Hey, its a learning process, I try another at a latter date.
The model is Candice Swanepoel, had a roomate who recieved 'Victoria's Secret'
mailers, they moved...but still get the mailers, and just have to look at them to
make sure I'm not throwing anything away important..he he!
Take care and I'm glad your back,
Steve

AndreaMG
02-03-2014, 12:12 PM
I see Steve. "Checked" her on google images :cool: holy moly she's a goddess!

Jonquil
02-03-2014, 06:47 PM
She is more beautiful here in your painting than in all those photos out there Steve. it doesn't need finishing to see how good this is! :)

stevemawmv
02-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Andrea,
That's what I thought, maybe why I was distracted?
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
02-03-2014, 08:26 PM
Hello Jonquil,
That's a nice compliment for my work.
Thank you very much!

Jonquil
02-03-2014, 11:19 PM
You are welcome and here's another one Steve.. :) The girl at the top with the 2 different backgrounds - She has such a lovely and fine and strong face and your painting is fantastic. I really like the new background as it lends to what she may be all about - maybe a studious girl with the books nearby. Whatever she is all about, I love her features and I think that she wins! :) Great work, and great work on those books. You are so accomplished.

stevemawmv
02-06-2014, 03:39 PM
Thank you very much, Jonquil....
I've been on and off with that one, the plan was to paint five portraits of her....
and the one your refering to is smacking me around! I'm happy that you like it , lets me know
that I may be getting close.
Take care,
Steve

Well, at least number two is finished.....

Jonquil
02-08-2014, 12:10 AM
Wow! this is amazing Steve! It smacks of the 1930s - 40s with mystery and intrigue emanating from all parts. I love her face and also all the detail in her ear... Beautiful... :) :)

stevemawmv
02-09-2014, 08:56 PM
Thanks Jonquil....
Really pushed the last one, glad you like her...
only three more to go.
Steve

copespeak
02-09-2014, 09:04 PM
Are you printing them up Steve??

stevemawmv
02-09-2014, 09:23 PM
Hi Robyn....
Not yet, been thinking about though. I am getting a quite the collection sitting on my hard drive.
Might be nice to see them printed, just trying to figure out the best way to do it. Maybe all in they're
original sizes but printed on the same size paper?
Your suggestions would be helpful, this is your expertise.
Thank you friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
02-09-2014, 09:31 PM
Something I started, after hearing of Peter's death, he will be missed!

stevemawmv
02-09-2014, 10:50 PM
Thinking of something to paint.....
Back to my model, four of five.
Sampling and choosing colors.

stevemawmv
02-10-2014, 11:41 PM
Starting from the eye and going from there....
Little more detail....

stevemawmv
02-13-2014, 08:30 PM
I've been working on these lips for hours....
Don't want the eyes and lips to look as if they're from different paintings...

copespeak
02-13-2014, 10:00 PM
So beautifully modelled Steve, and carefully painted. Very nice.

stevemawmv
02-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Hi Robyn,
Just a bit more, then off to the gallery....
Thanks friend....

dannbarbery
02-17-2014, 10:19 PM
She's so stunning! I like your model for that painting so perfect masterpiece. I'm not familiar with her but I do admire her beauty and glamor. Who is she by the way?

stevemawmv
02-18-2014, 09:03 PM
Dannbarbery....
Thank you very much! The model, from the imagination of a writer and tutored by a director.
Thanks again,
Steve

AndreaMG
02-19-2014, 09:39 AM
Me very very curious ;)

stevemawmv
02-19-2014, 04:44 PM
Andrea....
I need to wear out a few more stylus tips blending this one... He He!
Then may go back to my old style like the last one I posted in the
gallery.
Thanks for checking on me,
Steve

stevemawmv
02-23-2014, 09:40 AM
Forgot the nose...
A little more tweaking, then 'Done'!
Spent way to much time on this....

copespeak
02-23-2014, 10:32 AM
Looking forward to seeing it in its entirety!

vvioletx
02-24-2014, 03:13 AM
really really love your drawing so much steve;) hope one day i can draw as well as you:rolleyes:

stevemawmv
02-24-2014, 12:01 PM
Violet....
Thank you, but you already do....we all create our images through our own eyes
and styles....would be very boring if we didn't. And I enjoy seeing your images
created through your eyes, interpreted with your style and enjoyed by my eyes.
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
02-25-2014, 07:49 PM
Finishing up....

stevemawmv
02-26-2014, 06:46 PM
Beginning a painting of an artist's model, of the twenties....
Always been mesmerized by this painting by him.
Can you guess who the artist is?

stevemawmv
02-27-2014, 07:57 PM
Wow....still quiet in here!
Anyway, a little more on this one..... doesn't really look like the original.

copespeak
02-27-2014, 10:07 PM
Dark and moody, and gorgeous Steve. :)

stevemawmv
02-27-2014, 10:26 PM
Thank you dear Robyn, I was starting to talk to myself in here...
Most of the people we reply to here don't even respond back!
Going to try to keep this one less blended, kinda rough and hopefully finish it
sooner then my others.
Thanks friend,
Steve

AndreaMG
02-28-2014, 03:17 AM
Hi Steve, good thing that she doesn't resemble too much to the original still remaining beautiful :cool: By the way who is (was) she? I like this less polished/blending style!!! Take care

stevemawmv
02-28-2014, 09:26 PM
Andrea....
How you doing? Good point on your comment " I like this less polished/blending style",
I'am going to try to keep it less blended, but you know me!
The artist is Julio Romero, and I think this may have been is favorite model.....Huh! using
the same model in so many paintings.....great idea!
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
02-28-2014, 09:28 PM
Making the eyes larger then the original painting.....
And getting in trouble with it.

copespeak
02-28-2014, 10:14 PM
Still looking good Steve. I might venture a smooth curve of the bottom lid? Of course, this is a close up, so it probably doesn't matter at normal viewing.

Such an intense gaze! :cool:

AndreaMG
03-01-2014, 09:37 AM
Andrea....
How you doing? Good point on your comment " I like this less polished/blending style",
I'am going to try to keep it less blended, but you know me!
Well, thank you and you? Ha ha you are a jeweler painter! I will check on that painter. The model somewhat reminds me of the French actress Eva Green. Take care dear friend ;)

stevemawmv
03-02-2014, 07:18 PM
Hi Andrea....
She does kinda look like her, she would make a interesting study.
Thanks dear friend for checking on me!

On the last one, get back to her later, it's a rather large painting.
I've grown tired of her eyes looking at me.....

Decided to do a practice today, trying to do one in under four hours..
here's the start....

stevemawmv
03-03-2014, 09:11 AM
Alright.....
four hours and twenty minutes, not as polished as the first closeup painting,
but I've proved to myself that I sometimes don't need weeks of painting one
image.
Hope you like it....

copespeak
03-03-2014, 09:32 AM
I do Steve! Her direct gaze is mesmerising! :cool:

stevemawmv
03-03-2014, 11:23 AM
Hi Robyn...
Yeah, them spanish eyes are getting to me.....
your right about them and thanks for your suggestion,
going back tonight and going to tweek them a bit.
Thank you dear friend,
your comments and suggestions are always appreaciated!
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
03-05-2014, 08:58 PM
Thank you Robyn....
Kept everything lite on this one, less blending in my time frame.
Listened to D Akey and softened the eyes on this one.
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
03-09-2014, 07:41 PM
Just fooling around....Thought I try one last fast one.
Was just going to be a sketch.....

stevemawmv
03-09-2014, 07:43 PM
Continued.....

copespeak
03-09-2014, 08:24 PM
A whole new line of gorgeous girls Steve! Watching with interest! :cool:

stevemawmv
03-09-2014, 09:19 PM
Thanks Robyn,
Just fooling around today, nothing better to do... it's raining!
Got tired with this one, gonna post it anyway... hope no one
minds?
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
03-10-2014, 06:50 PM
Paintings about death and the departed...
Why?......Haven't a clue!.....Maybe I do?
Please don't copy these.....

copespeak
03-10-2014, 07:04 PM
Lovely lips! Waiting to see what the boys think of these! :cool:

stevemawmv
03-10-2014, 07:20 PM
Thanks Robyn....
Yeah, but our 'Boys' are a lazy lot....Just wanting the finished product.
Thanks for popping in, you appear to be my only customer these days.
Take care friend,
Steve

SilverO
03-11-2014, 01:00 AM
Looks really good so far
I'll try to visit in this thread a bit more, I always seem to overlook it ;)

stevemawmv
03-11-2014, 08:03 AM
Thanks SilverO....
Nice and quiet in here, thank you for visiting!
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
03-15-2014, 10:40 PM
Can't stay interested in just one painting right now....
Started another, can you guess who?

Jonquil
03-15-2014, 11:24 PM
I love the newest one so far Steve! lol I love the hat as is! I am always interested to see how a picture is formed and I am surprised many times as well. Love the sketch of the girl through to the end and a beauty she is. You are so good at these. :) I love your work.

copespeak
03-16-2014, 12:29 AM
Maybe Indiana Jones? Looks great so far. :)

stevemawmv
03-19-2014, 06:34 PM
Hello Jonquil....
Good to see you back, glad you like the new ones... and I will take your advise about the hat.
Thank you....
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
03-19-2014, 07:04 PM
Hi Robyn....
Indy it is! Must have be that hat.....
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
03-19-2014, 07:42 PM
Back to Indy....Good guess, by the way!
Made a sketch, some samples and roughed everything in. and painted a background.

stevemawmv
03-23-2014, 01:56 PM
Hi Pat.....
Here are my blenders and settings, you can change size when needed...you will know when it's time to change.
I use any combination of these, just what ever looks good.....and start evenly rubbing from light to dark or dark
to light, depending on the shading you're after.

Sometimes start with Facesmooth2
I use Facesmoothoverall for pores and textures
And Fineshade for a bit smoother look

There's probably better ways of blending, but this is the current way I do it.

stevemawmv
03-23-2014, 02:14 PM
Back to the Hat....
Almost done, some tweaking and detailing then up to the Gallery.

Victor Osaka
03-23-2014, 08:34 PM
This is a fabulous thread. I am very inspired to try your settings. Gonna have some fun today.

copespeak
03-24-2014, 01:30 AM
Really great lighting Steve. Love the hat! :cool:

stevemawmv
03-24-2014, 05:43 PM
Hi Victor....
Thanks for stopping by, I' am just learning as I go as well!
Let me know if those blender values work or if you find other
settings, always looking for something new!
Glad you like the thread.
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
03-24-2014, 05:47 PM
Thanks Robyn....
I think he is very happy about the shiny golden thingy he just found..
Might powder his nose though!
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
03-28-2014, 07:19 PM
Just a start.....

AndreaMG
03-30-2014, 09:26 PM
Nice Dear Steve, I like her attitude!! :cool:

stevemawmv
03-30-2014, 10:03 PM
Dear Andrea,
Thanks for checking on me, I' am getting a little bored doing these, started something different tonight.
I will post the first one tomorrow night. Meanwhile guess I have to finish this one.
Take care friend,
Steve

scribbledsoul
03-30-2014, 10:53 PM
Beautiful work! You have a great eye for faces, and a real knack for capturing the personality of your subjects. Thanks for sharing this! :)

AndreaMG
03-31-2014, 09:19 AM
Coming good :cool: ciao

stevemawmv
04-02-2014, 08:03 PM
Thanks Scribbledsoul.....
I really like saying that! and thank you so much for visiting this thread....
Appreciate your comments, love how the cat is coming along...Again, good detail work!
Steve

scribbledsoul
04-02-2014, 08:06 PM
I don't think you could keep away from your thread, I enjoy your work too much! It's fun to cheer each other on, eh? ;)

~ Scribbles

stevemawmv
04-02-2014, 08:11 PM
Not much progress.....

scribbledsoul
04-02-2014, 08:41 PM
Coming along nicely! :)

stevemawmv
04-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Hey Scribbles,
Getting real close to calling this done.....Maybe one or two more tweaks.
Take care....

scribbledsoul
04-04-2014, 11:04 AM
I just love her expression! I really enjoyed watching this develop, can't wait to see more. :)

stevemawmv
04-05-2014, 11:42 AM
Thank you Andrea and Scribbles.....
Just started another one today, will try to finish it by tonight!
Thanks again friends....
Steve

stevemawmv
04-06-2014, 01:24 PM
Finished it, but forgot to post some of the progress......
Hope you liked it?
Take care all....

stevemawmv
04-09-2014, 12:44 PM
Here's a few ideas....

stevemawmv
04-09-2014, 05:34 PM
Well obviously I am going to go with the more attractive sketch first....but will work on both at the same time.

pat1940
04-11-2014, 12:02 PM
Steve, thanks for showing your work in progress, and just wanted to let you know not to be lonely here lol

stevemawmv
04-11-2014, 07:45 PM
Thank you Pat....for visiting and thank you for your friendship.
Take care friend,
Steve

I did a little more work......

scribbledsoul
05-06-2014, 08:55 AM
Wow Steve, you've really outdone yourself since I've been away. Your mastery of skin tones is superb. Good to see what you've been up to!

~ Scribbles :)

stevemawmv
05-17-2014, 02:20 PM
Hey Scribbles.....Thanks for popping in, and thanks for your good comments.
Just checked up on your kitty, looking very good.
Take care,
Steve

Jonquil
05-17-2014, 02:42 PM
That's a great face and expression Steve. The hair is interesting too with its fly away look. I have a young relative with hair very much like that. :) Very nice paint work.

BetsyPriesing
05-18-2014, 02:37 AM
Wow great thread! I love the screenshots in action.

Your portraits are stunning! Keep'em coming! What settings/brushes do you use the most to blend? I'm very new and find it difficult to get a nice smooth blend.

Betsy

stevemawmv
05-18-2014, 03:47 PM
Hi Betsy.....Thanks for visiting and I' am happy you like the WIP's. For my blending I just played with the knives settings and sizes untill I got the effect I wanted.
Check out the three I use here:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45915-Painting-favorite-models/page13 on the fifth entry.
You just have to experiment with the rubbing, moving and directions of the knive after you have your primary colors layed down.
Take care,
Steve

My Gallery:http://members.artrage.com/vb_users/34590
Current work:http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45586-Stevemawmv-Just-my-Paintings-(NEW-MAY15-EXPERIMENT)/page58

BetsyPriesing
05-19-2014, 02:22 AM
Steve,
Thanks for the info, I saw that but it didn't click until this morning! I copied down the settings and will try them out some time today. Thanks again.

Betsy

stevemawmv
05-21-2014, 06:27 AM
Hello Betsy,
No problem...just tweak the settings untill you get the desired effect. When are we going to see an update on your daughters portrait?
Take care of yourself,
Steve

stevemawmv
05-23-2014, 05:24 PM
Can't drive yet or walk around much....So
Just sat around and listened to music all day....And....started this.
No names, just a guitarist......

stevemawmv
05-24-2014, 08:08 PM
Almost done.....this one is going to be rough smooth.
My other modes seem to be mild smooth and ultra smooth...
Yeah...I know, left eye missing.
Trying to figure it out ...

stevemawmv
05-26-2014, 09:18 PM
I think I am done for now.....
Finished left eye.....
May come back to this one as well.

copespeak
05-26-2014, 09:51 PM
Looking good Steve! :cool:

Glad you're coming good. It takes time, doesn't it?

stevemawmv
05-27-2014, 09:59 AM
That it does dear friend....didn't realize just how long though.
Felt like they prep me like a holiday pig, but never
sat down to the table to enjoy they're efforts...thank god for that!
How you doing?...Hope your well!
Take care friend,
Steve

samiro
06-01-2014, 05:37 AM
amazing draw my friend..
:p

copespeak
06-01-2014, 09:40 AM
My recent surgery has gone well, but a simmering situation which left me in hospital for 10 days last year is developing some unpleasant symptoms, which are quite unsettling. It's taking a long time to get a diagnosis, and Doctor Google has been employed here and there to clarify my mind.

We're up to Vocal Cord Dysfunction and to refine it - ABductor Spasmodic Dysphonia. Beauty, isn't it? It means my swallowing and breathing is out of sync and being messed up with cramping of the muscles, maybe from a neurological source. I have a wonderful neurologist who I am seeing next week, and an Ear Nose and throat specialising in this condition, so we will see where we go from there.

Fortunately the symptoms come and go, so my quality of life is not totally impacted, just 'blergh' off and on during each day.

Onwards and upwards, I say! :) :)

Chinchi
06-01-2014, 10:37 AM
You are one of those people where you look at their art and thing "okay, I'll just stop embarsing myself right now, and stop doing what I'm doing" ;)

It relly nice to see how you do things, and how something really rough can end up looking so lifelike in the end.

stevemawmv
06-01-2014, 11:00 AM
Sorry to hear this Robyn....
A friend of mines wife has been diagnosed with SD, don't know if its the same but her doctor, I believe has her on benzo's and talking about botox injections. Her symptoms come and go as well and she manages the best she can when they are present, sometimes with a glass of wine or two, according to her.
My best wishes go out to your dear friend....and a special prayer... Hope all goes well with your neurologist appointment next week.
Take care dear friend,
Steve

You shared your heatlh issues with me, and i've been wanting to talk about what really happened during my surgery to someone...This is for D Akey as well if he sees this....
So here it goes, my surgery for abdominal aortic aneurysm was detoured when they found diverticulitis on my small intestine during removal of them for the aneurysm repair. Said they couldn't do both with the one surgery because of cross contamination. So I will have surgery all over again in about four months. Still trying to figure it out....the aneurysm will kill you in about seven minutes because of its location, the diverticultis if ruptures can take weeks or months...go figure! If they keep this up, I will be able to play 'tic tac toe' on my stomach.....or they can.
Anyway, it is what it is!

Don't know your age, but who ever named this period of life, 'The golden years'....needs to reevaluate his saying.....

stevemawmv
06-01-2014, 11:34 AM
Hello Samiro...

amazing draw my friend..
:p

Thank you.....I just saw your 'fear' painting...nicely done as well!
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Hello Chinchi....
Never say Stop..and never stop doing....Thank you for your kind words, and keep pursuing your returned interest in drawing and sketching.
It all pays off in the end....and I know your child will love seeing your art!
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-01-2014, 04:49 PM
Scary start, don't know where I 'am going with this one.....

stevemawmv
06-01-2014, 07:34 PM
Cleaned up a little, still long way to go....

stevemawmv
06-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Don't know why I started with these eyes.....

AndreaMG
06-04-2014, 08:47 AM
I'm following with interest Dear Steve, I like the orange and the sexy look so far :cool: Keep it going :cool:

stevemawmv
06-04-2014, 08:20 PM
Thanks Andrea......
Well, I had to stick with those wild eyes.....And the color, tall glass of orange juice....
She's visiting after nine at the moment as a WiP....
Take care friend,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-08-2014, 09:00 PM
Started this today......Just the lips, I know I started with lips once before and never finished.
Oh!....If you look real hard, you may see a surprise in there, somewhere!

AndreaMG
06-10-2014, 08:54 AM
Is she Madonna? Great close-up by the way (love the slightly chipped tooth and the candy) :cool:

stevemawmv
06-10-2014, 06:17 PM
Dear Andrea....
She's more of a element, and if you look real hard at the small tooth on your right, you see a tiny pic of me....
Thanks friend,
Steve

justjean
06-10-2014, 06:34 PM
I'm confused Steve, are the lips a close up of the lady in orange and great beginnings there .

stevemawmv
06-10-2014, 07:21 PM
Hi Jean.....
Thanks for checking in on me....This is actually one I haven't posted yet.
I' am having some problems how to finish it.....will be reddish orange though.
Take care friend,
Steve

Ok, just figured it out....you mean the tall one in orange on previous page. This is
another on painting. I am a little slow tonight!

AndreaMG
06-11-2014, 08:27 AM
Dear Andrea....
She's more of a element, and if you look real hard at the small tooth on your right, you see a tiny pic of me....
Thanks friend,
Steve

Come on you're playing tricks on me, I cannot see it :mad: ;)

stevemawmv
06-11-2014, 05:07 PM
Look real hard at the small tooth on your right, you see a tiny pic of me....)
Well, it not like someone seeing Jesus's face on a piece of toast....
Ok...your not going to fall for this are you dear friend, it kinda looks like me!
Take care friend......

AndreaMG
06-14-2014, 06:53 AM
Only Deckard might have been able to find you!! ^^ Cheers

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qHepKd38pr0

hildee
06-14-2014, 11:26 AM
Saw that little pic on the tooth straightaway lol. Great lips.

stevemawmv
06-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Thanks Hildee...didn't want anybody to confuse it with a piece of spinach...HaHa!
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
06-15-2014, 09:04 PM
The lips and teeth painting is done, will post it soon.
This is a start of a experiment of two paintings, one very dark, the other very light and as soft and pale as I
can get it. Starting with the pale one first....

hildee
06-16-2014, 07:43 PM
Thanks Hildee...didn't want anybody to confuse it with a piece of spinach...HaHa!

Lol! :D ;)

stevemawmv
06-17-2014, 09:21 AM
Continued light touch pic, the nose...going to leave it rough but light and soft.....

stevemawmv
06-29-2014, 08:19 PM
Almost done with the light experiment painting....And started on the Dark one.....

stevemawmv
07-01-2014, 11:39 AM
Another letterbox painting...Don't know where I'am going with this...

copespeak
07-01-2014, 03:04 PM
Both looking good Steve. I love the light one! :)

stevemawmv
07-01-2014, 05:42 PM
Both looking good Steve. I love the light one! :)
Hello Robyn....Thanks for dropping in for a visit, the light one, me too but it was hard to do...should've named it 'Painted so lightly'...
Thanks again dear friend,
Steve

Robyn, you and others can see it here if you want...
'Light':http://forums.artrage.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=81696&d=1404188978

kenmo
07-11-2014, 01:53 AM
wow...I just discovered this thread and it's incredibly wonderful.... Enjoying the posts in this thread very much....

stevemawmv
07-18-2014, 04:35 PM
wow...I just discovered this thread and it's incredibly wonderful.... Enjoying the posts in this thread very much....
Hi Ken.....Glad you found it, and I'am happy you enjoyed looking around....You can visit anytime you want!
Take care friend.....

Started another painting, sampled ref on this one, will post next week....

dustinwilson
07-19-2014, 02:22 AM
I really like the pale one a lot. It's almost as if you're looking at her through frosted glass.

stevemawmv
07-22-2014, 06:56 AM
Almost done with this one....
Ok, its finished, see the updated painting in the gallery.

stevemawmv
07-22-2014, 07:01 AM
Thank you Dustin....Still working on the 'Pale One', but here's a somewhat completed version....
Just trying to make it look less realistic and more dream like....
Thanks again,
Steve

stevemawmv
07-23-2014, 03:48 PM
Definitely going to have a theme with this one....Here's the beginning of it.

Caesar
07-23-2014, 07:45 PM
The fading painting is a real marvel of lights and feeble shades ...:eek::cool: while the last one looks already as a wonderful abstract with a eye.;):o

stevemawmv
07-24-2014, 07:43 AM
Hello Dear Caesar...... I 'am happy for your visit, and that you enjoyed 'The pale one, or the light one' haven't a name for it yet.
Here's I believe is the completed version, but for some reason they aren't really ever finished.....
Take care friend,
Steve

http://i1032.photobucket.com/albums/a407/stevemawmv/LIGHT_zps5b222a23.gif

stevemawmv
07-25-2014, 05:21 PM
Part one again and three more pieces of the mysterious eye painting......

stevemawmv
07-27-2014, 07:17 PM
Just noticed this....there's a image in her eye that may have caused her terror.....

stevemawmv
07-30-2014, 07:25 AM
Finished....This is the original pose of the painting before changing position and sectioning.

stevemawmv
07-30-2014, 07:29 AM
Starting another, but a little milder then last one....

stevemawmv
08-02-2014, 08:44 PM
Have come to a stop on this one.....don't know where it's going.
Web reference but with a veil..See what I mean...Who knows.

stevemawmv
08-12-2014, 06:57 PM
Started another one, going to have less blending on this one.

arturjutkowiak
08-13-2014, 10:01 PM
Hi:D

Thanks for your kind reply on my thread.:D
I can see u are painting like a real painter:D

I have a question - could you, please, share the canvas (and settings for it) u were using painting Sean Young?
It looks awesome:cool:

http://forums.artrage.com/showthread.php?45915-Painting-favorite-models/page2

stevemawmv
08-14-2014, 03:03 PM
Hi Arturjutkowiak......Thanks for visiting and here are some settings that I used, not all because usually don't keep track of them.
I checked out your Home page and was very impressed with your work....looking forward to your paintings,
I have a sneaky suspicion they are going to be good...
Take care,
Steve

Funny thing is...I still will open this to tweak it a bit more.
I guess in my mind it's not quite done....

arturjutkowiak
08-15-2014, 04:34 AM
Hello Steve:D

You shared a lot of stuff here:D Thanks:D

The canvas I asked for is at the default settings I see here.
Im very cautious about using both airbrush and blurring\the fact is I excluded them from my tools\.
It is because Im interested in more painterly realism.:p
Generally it is why I decided to but Artrage - I want both to feel and show brushworking:)
Buttercream adds a lot to this effect.
When it comes to resolution, yes, 4000 is a good idea:cool:

Thanks for looking at my pf:)

ps

And bout your "Sean Young" - perhaps u could experiment a bit with contour lines - every element of the painting seems to have the same sharpness :p

Kindest regards,

Artur

stevemawmv
08-15-2014, 05:28 AM
No problem Artur.....my pleasure, gives me a chance to see if she needs a make over...'Like I said ... I guess in my mind it's not quite done'.
But thank you for your advice though...As for tools, I will use non traditional ones sparely 'sometimes' to achieve the effect that I 'am going for in a particular painting.
I have three modes of painting....'Rough smooth, Mild smooth and Ultra smooth....and some in between.
I appreciate and admire the goal you've set for yourself in achieving a more painterly traditional realism style, and by the way 'you appear to be on your way to that end.
Kindest regards,
Steve
Here's some examples of my three modes.....

arturjutkowiak
08-15-2014, 09:07 AM
Yeah, I 've seen your Pieces and I like them:D

And I'm definetly NOT into hyperralism:cool:

Just a thought - variable contour line can create more depth in a painting:D

By the way, take a look at this:D

http://www.wetcanvas.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15686

stevemawmv
08-15-2014, 05:27 PM
Hello Artur...
Just visited your web site, your Portfolio is very impressive and I thoroughly enjoyed viewing it all....
Thank you for sharing these links...
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
08-16-2014, 10:44 AM
Continuation on 'Drink of water girl'...and a test regarding human nature.

arturjutkowiak
08-16-2014, 02:11 PM
'Pale One' rulez. Very Difficult to paint - light streaks should not obscure the main subject:p Very subtle tonal and color values. Congratz:D
Sean Young is really your muse:cool:

stevemawmv
08-18-2014, 04:46 PM
Thanks Artur....Glad you like it.. 'Pale One' is a favorite one of mine as well, its not done yet..going to do some more tweaking to it.
Take care,
Steve

DarkOwnt
08-26-2014, 05:55 AM
Excellent portraits.

With all that experience capturing real faces, have you tried your hand at fictional faces from your mind's eye? I bet you could come up with some striking and astoundingly beautiful faces. Maybe you could start a "Painting fictional faces" thread or something... :)

cheers

stevemawmv
08-27-2014, 04:33 PM
DarkOwnt.....Thank you for checking my thread out, glad you liked them. Creating characters and painting them is something I've been thinking about doing, just need a lot more practice and experience....
Take Care,
Steve

Finished...Two Views....

copespeak
08-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Excellent last painting Steve. Your lighting is always so unique! :)

stevemawmv
08-28-2014, 04:38 PM
Excellent last painting Steve. Your lighting is always so unique! :)
Thanks Robyn.....She's a moody and misunderstood one, going to keep it a little rough.....and not go all smoothie on her.

Rom__
09-12-2014, 07:31 PM
Beautiful portrait, very lively vgljad!

stevemawmv
09-13-2014, 07:01 PM
Hello Rom__ Спасибо очень любезно. Благодарим Вас за посещение ....
Thanks for visiting.....
Here's a start of one I just posted....Her name is Sonya....
Thanks again,
Steve

koalablue
09-13-2014, 10:09 PM
This is wonderful painting. I love to see the 'sculptured look' of the paint. (I am speaking of the first posted progress painting)

Just one little thing. Her eyebrows seem to thick and heavy, particularly on the underside. I think they would be somewhat thinner. Hope you don't mind my saying so.

Wandering Artist
09-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Hello Rom__ Спасибо очень любезно. Благодарим Вас за посещение ....
Thanks for visiting.....
Here's a start of one I just posted....Her name is Sonya....
Thanks again,
Steve

Hi Steve,

Just wanted to drop a note and say that I really appreciate your work and look forward to more.
Thanks for sharing..

Andrew

stevemawmv
09-19-2014, 07:07 PM
Hello Maureen....I' am kinda' partial to 'sculptured look' as well....Glad you like the paintings and thanks for checking the thread out!
Take care,
Steve

stevemawmv
09-19-2014, 07:12 PM
Just a few to go....Yeah, I know I' am doing this backwards.....
Done.......
Take care all,
Steve

stevemawmv
10-05-2014, 07:16 AM
Hi Steve, Just wanted to drop a note and say that I really appreciate your work and look forward to more.Thanks for sharing..AndrewThanks Andrew.....And I really appreciate your visit and comments.
Take care, Steve

stevemawmv
11-24-2014, 04:36 PM
This is the start of number one of three companion paintings I'll be doing....

stevemawmv
11-28-2014, 08:27 AM
Last ones......

stevemawmv
11-28-2014, 07:39 PM
Starting another 'Work in Progress'......

Enug
11-28-2014, 08:27 PM
Hi Steve, I love to see these paintings of yours develop.

stevemawmv
11-29-2014, 08:16 PM
Hi June.....Thanks! Here's a bit more, Just don't know what to do with this one....going to try a few props, see where it goes!

stevemawmv
12-02-2014, 01:19 AM
Just wasn't satisfied with the two paintings, kind of wondered what they would look like together....so I put them side by side and thought about it.....and thought about it some more!
Then went to bed........will post some more later.

stevemawmv
12-02-2014, 03:37 PM
Well now I can't find any saved files on doing this........anyway used my paintings as refs and just kept pushing the knives and brushes around until it kind of matched!
Maybe someday I'll get back and finish it....

stevemawmv
12-05-2014, 07:45 PM
No, Will not get back to it anytime soon....

AndreaMG
12-06-2014, 10:03 AM
Hello Dear Steve, now the colors and values are very similar, If I may his head looks a bit big compared to hers, try to reduce his entire figure with the transformation tool, look at the result and report back :o ciao and take care Dear friend

stevemawmv
12-14-2014, 08:56 AM
Hello Dear Steve, now the colors and values are very similar, If I may his head looks a bit big compared to hers, try to reduce his entire figure with the transformation tool, look at the result and report back :o ciao and take care Dear friendThanks Andrea.....Yeah, I'll get back to 'the couple' someday. But my mind is wondering around right now, trying to figure where I'am going with lower painting...

stevemawmv
12-21-2014, 06:24 AM
Just a little more work on this one...having a hell of a time concentrating on anything this month...Looking forward to the new year!

stevemawmv
12-25-2014, 04:42 AM
A bit more on this one....then going back to the others!
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all.....

DarkOwnt
10-13-2022, 03:23 AM
Resurrecting an old but very good thread.

Pop Alexandra
11-07-2023, 09:36 PM
Quite inspiring. Some of you guys are really talented.
Hope more people will post their work here.

Perendale
11-08-2023, 05:09 PM
Hi Pop

Unfortunately nobody seems able to post anything anywhere in the forum at the moment.

Brett