PDA

View Full Version : Blending error

drzeller
05-03-2006, 02:31 AM
In my first playing with blending, I had a strange issue. Some paint will blend, and others will not. In the attached example, the blue and tan mix, but the red only does sometimes. There is one area near the middle that almost never blends. You can blend from somewhere else over it, but you cannot START a blend from that area. By blend, I mean the new feature where the oil brush has a loading of zero.

I have the painting file if you want it.

I also get the error... success message box, by the way.

D.

DaveRage
05-03-2006, 07:01 AM
Thanks for the info! Ok, regarding the unusual-looking error - success message, this no longer should occur in 2.11 which we've just made available on the downloads page, so if you grab that you won't have to put up with that one anymore :)

I'd definitely like to have a look at this painting file in case we can get some useful information from it. You can email it to me at support@ambientdesign.com if it's not too much trouble. Do you get this blending problem if you start a new file?

drzeller
05-03-2006, 03:29 PM
I'm not at home right now, but I'll get this to you tonight.

D.

drzeller
05-04-2006, 02:55 AM
I sent the file. Hope it helps.

D.

DaveRage
05-04-2006, 02:59 AM
Thank you for that! Were you able to see the problem in any other files so far or is it just this one? Also, it may be worthwhile doing a search for the file "artrage.prs" on your system and deleting it with ArtRage closed, just in case there is a problem with your settings file.

drzeller
05-04-2006, 03:32 AM
I haven't had a lot of time to play, but I just tried creating a similar painting and it seemed ok. I did upgradae to 2.11, so I wanted to eliminate that as a factor. So, I opened the file I sent you, and it still occurs with 2.11.

To see what I am experiencing, locate the vertical blue stroke directly ahead of the blue arrow. Half way down that stroke, there is a heavy red traingle of paint to the right that lines up almost exactly with the direction of the arrow. Try putting you brush in that little triangle of red and pulling outward in any direction. The color is never picked up.

Try the same thing wtih the red area that is just down and to the right -- part of the same curved stroke the triangle is a part of. That part is blendable.

Removing the settings file made no difference for me.

Since I can't re-create in another file, it may just be an anomoly. If others report this, then I guess you have a test file that (at least for me) allows you to consistently reproduce it.

I would be curious if you experience the same issue with the file.

Thanks,
D.

DaveRage
05-04-2006, 04:04 AM
I'm definitely seeing the lack of blending in your file in ArtRage 2.11. I'll let you know if I can reproduce this here in a new file although I've not had any luck in seeing it again so far.

I'd tend to expect this sort of behaviour for strokes that were applied with "insta dry" turned on but I'm picking that isn't the case here, so it's unusual behaviour, certainly.

Do let me know if you see it again, and in the meantime I have noted it and will continue to keep it in mind when I'm testing here.