PDA

View Full Version : Script playback doesn't look like the painting

Mart Kelly
04-15-2012, 12:56 PM
I don't know if anyone has had similar results but when I playback the script in ArtRage Studio from a painting created on iPad it looks like there is a transparent layer distorting the image.

I have links if anyone wants to see what I mean. They are on flickr but I can't type the url here so add the following to the end of the flickr url:
/photos/66647099@N08/6933730872/in/photostream - to see the movie
/photos/66647099@N08/7079807699/in/photostream/ - to see the comparison images

I did create this image in more than one session and also rotated the iPad during the process. I know from other posts that this can cause issues but this doesn't seem consistent with the type of problems people were having due to this.

Thanks for taking the time to look at this.

DaveRage
04-15-2012, 09:11 PM
Hi Mart,

If your script is less than 10 mb ( check the size when zipped, they generally compress well ) could you email it to me at support@artrage.com and we can take a look at it for you to find out what is causing the problem and see if we can correct it for you. If it's larger, let me know and we can look at other ways to get the file. Thanks for the links, I've taken a look at both of them in the meantime. You probably already are, but make sure you're using the latest version of ArtRage for the iPad ( 1.4.1 ).

One note: If your iPad is struggling to keep up during script recording, this could potentially cause problems, so if you see a memory warning in the ArtRage lower bar, following the instructions below for clearing out memory and rebooting the device would be worthwhile as this will make the iPad more responsive and assure that as much memory is possible is available.

http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32970

Mart Kelly
04-15-2012, 11:28 PM
Thanks for the quick reply Dave. I will promptly send over the file to you. One thing I hadn't mentioned in my post was that I also use a reference photo in ArtRage. I don't know if this could have any bearing on the issue.

I do keep an eye out for the memory warning icon and always save what I'm working on and re-start to prevent any problems. But, having said that, that does seem like a very logical explanation for the result I was getting. Maybe the warning came on and I didn't notice it.

DaveRage
04-16-2012, 01:24 AM
Thanks for sending these! I'll email you back once we've looked through the script.