PDA

View Full Version : ArtRage for the I pad

craig-art
03-24-2012, 06:03 PM
I have a question for everyone. When using ArtRage on the I pad, can you plug the I pad into a external monitor??? :)

DaveRage
03-25-2012, 10:16 PM
Hi there,

There's nothing specifically in ArtRage for doing this. There may be something in the operating system for using an external monitor but we haven't done it ourselves, so I'm unsure about the details.

Jono
03-26-2012, 06:54 AM
There's a VGA adapter that allows you to attach a monitor. Check out the spec, FAQs and customer reviews on this page:
http://store.apple.com/uk/product/MC552

screenpainter
03-26-2012, 07:50 PM
I think you should also be able to use the Apple TV to mirror on your television. I will be trying it later. Let you know.

Strandy
03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Well, one thing to keep in mind before you plugin anything to your iPad. You will have no kind of feedback, what is the current position of the tool over the canvas as long as you do not touch the iPad's screen. No cursor, no indicator ....nothing. This can be pretty unenjoyable experience.

screenpainter
03-27-2012, 06:20 AM
yep, it works. (sorry if this is off the point,) but the apple tv does mirror artrage on an HD tv with wifi. I did a demo of artrage at the local Best Buy store tonight and had a small crowd gathering. :) I did a portrait of one of the employees and so all his fellow employees were stopping by to see it. that was fun. :)
the HD screen was set brighter than the ipad, but it still looked great. it really caught the attention of passer bys. :)

i think that hdmi converter should work well on the computer monitor. reading the reviews I think the people with the ipad 1 were the ones that couldn't get it to work.