PDA

View Full Version : New User ...Need Help

Parvatha Sekhar
03-24-2012, 01:27 PM
When I am trying to fill color or stroke with a brush, I can only fill the canvas with the color gradient...! I am just not able to fill the canvas with the plain color? Even a brush stroke on the right side is different in color to the one on left side? I know this is silly...! But I am going mad. Tried all the settings. Still not able to solve the problem. Any manual for iPad version?

Someonesane
03-24-2012, 03:14 PM
You are painting in a single color, it just appears as though it's a gradient because ArtRage uses 3D light source rendering to create the canvas and paint texture effects (so the difference in color is caused from a virtual light being cast on your canvas). You can turn it off, but it's going to remove many of the textures. Just click on the Layer Tab, to open the Layer Panel, and then click on the Menu Tab (small square button with the four horizontal lines on it). On the menu that opens, locate the Canvas Lighting option (It's on the very bottom of the list), and tap it to turn the lighting off.

Parvatha Sekhar
03-25-2012, 03:08 PM
Thank you so much..! But even after exporting the image, I see two different colors. So I must turn off canvas lighting to get a single color?

Someonesane
03-25-2012, 05:13 PM
Yes, you must turn off the canvas lighting, in order to get a flat color from the top left, to the bottom right of the canvas. There's no other way.

Parvatha Sekhar
03-27-2012, 06:18 PM
Thank you so much...! Now, is there a way I can apply a color gradient, deliberately?

Someonesane
03-27-2012, 09:49 PM
The only way I can think of, for the iPad version, is doing it by hand with the airbrush, or layering with other transparent tools. There's no instant way to do it.

Someonesane
03-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Actually... I take that back. There may be an easier way, but it depends on what your plans are, and how specific you need the gradient to be.

If you're just going to fill the background in, or any large area, you could just smudge two colors together on a new layer, at a small scale. Then transform that layer, and increase its scale, which should give you a large gradated area. It'd be similar to what Peter has done in this thread (http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39362), except you use the transform tool on a layer, rather then changing the size of the entire image.

Parvatha Sekhar
03-29-2012, 05:51 AM
Thank you so much..! Yeah, that was nice trick...!