PDA

View Full Version : colours not true

dial-a-cliche
04-27-2006, 07:17 PM
When I choose a colour from the colour picker thingy I get a misleading colour.

I'll make myself clearer. In the palete I choose a colour and the little third of a circle says (or better shows), for example, a redish brown colour but when I draw with it I end up using an orangy brown colour instead. I can only guess through trial and error at where the colour I need is.

I don't always have this problem, only when I keep Artrage running long, could it be hinting that I should give it a break? Unfortunately for it, the mere switching of colours wont get me off... but don't tell it that or it'll try something harder! :wink:

AndyRage
04-27-2006, 07:55 PM
Check you didn't have the 'metalic' option selected in the colour-picker. That can vary the colour quite strongly because of the lighting and reflection of metalics.
Can you tell me which tool you were using?

dial-a-cliche
04-27-2006, 11:39 PM
No metalic was not choosen and I used the oil brush. Hope fully that can help you.

AndyRage
04-28-2006, 02:42 AM
Any chance you were using the oilbrush without the 'auto clean' option set and it had picked up colour from elsewhere on the painting?
If dipping the brush in the glass of water doesn't clean it and give you the colour you've selected, then we might have a bug to look at!

dial-a-cliche
05-02-2006, 05:34 PM
I'm sorry I didn't get back sooner but the problem didn't occur after I posted. Then again I haven't had time to use Artrage any longer than an hour.

Any chance you were using the oilbrush without the 'auto clean' option set and it had picked up colour from elsewhere on the painting?
If dipping the brush in the glass of water doesn't clean it and give you the colour you've selected, then we might have a bug to look at!

I have auto clean on, and the colour acutally turns out to be lighter than the colour shown. It would show me a cherry brown but I paint with a light orangy brown. So far this has only happened in the LS/H Picker mode.

Thanks for your interest

AndyRage
05-02-2006, 08:02 PM
We'll do some testing here.
If you're able to get it to fail again, it would be a great help to get a screen-capture of ArtRage so I can see the problem, and the position of all the indicators in the colour picker.
Are you using a Mac or a PC?
When you get the problem, if you're using a PC, hit te 'Prt Scr' (print screen) button. That will capture a copy of the entire screen into the clipboard. Open an image-editing package (Photoshop if you have it, but even Windows Paint will do). Paste the screen into a document, if you can, crop the image down to just show ArtRage if you weren't working full screen.
Then send the result to support@artrage.com
For the Mac to capture the screen:
Shift-Command-3 shortcut for taking a screen capture of your entire screen, or Shift-Command-4, which gives you a crosshair cursor so you can choose which area of the screen you want to capture.

dial-a-cliche
05-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Right, I'll do that.