PDA

View Full Version : Ipad Dropdown box

mnisbett
01-19-2012, 05:20 PM
When I'm painting and get to close to the top of the screen the drop down message box appears and gets in the way. I've looked in settings for a way to disable it but I can not find a way to get rid of it. Has anyone else experienced this?
Thanks
Mark

Saphire
01-19-2012, 07:16 PM
Unfortunately Mark it's something we have to put up with. Apple in their wisdom thought that the message box was a good idea not realising how much a pain it would be for users. It can't be switched off.:(

MattRage
01-19-2012, 08:51 PM
If Apple implement a way to turn this functionality off in a specific app we'll be right on to it. I can well understand the frustration when trying to use apps that have an active area covering the screen.

GolemS87
01-19-2012, 09:42 PM
This is exactly why Apple should make the black border around the iPad touchable so that sliding your finger down from the top border activates the notifications center or swiping from the left or right border changes apps, and even swipping from the bottom up could bring up the media controls. I wish I could offer this suggestion to Apple somehow.

Douglass Lau
02-01-2012, 07:24 AM
Unfortunately Mark it's something we have to put up with. Apple in their wisdom thought that the message box was a good idea not realising how much a pain it would be for users. It can't be switched off.:(
I feel very unfortunate, I tried many times, it can't close.