PDA

View Full Version : ArtRage for iPhone Crash

JWMMakerofMusic
12-16-2011, 07:24 AM
Hi,

When I saw that Art Rage was available for iPhone, I was ecstatic. I still am despite the crashing problem. I have an iPod Touch 4 you see, and when I open Art Rage and play around with the different brushes, everything works wonderfully. However, when I press the folder icon on the lower left to save my work, the app crashes. It doesn't go to the gallery nor anything. Just crashes. I've followed the instructions given at the top of this forum, about quitting other apps, about resetting the iPod, etc. Still crashes. What could be going wrong? Is it a bug?

I know this app was released only a week ago and that it's still on its initial release. Here's hoping the bugfix comes soon.

MattRage
12-16-2011, 11:02 PM
Sorry to hear about the problem. We tested on an iPod touch here and didn't experience the problem so I'm not quite sure what's happening. Could you let me know which version of iOS you have installed, and whether you have shut down all other apps to make sure there isn't a memory problem (follow the instructions here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32970)?

If it happens after clearing out memory let me know and I'll look in to it on the version of iOS you're using to see if we can replicate it and get the problem solved!

JWMMakerofMusic
12-17-2011, 07:21 AM
I've honestly done what I could according to the instructions, and I still get the crash.

I am using an iPod Touch 4, iOS version 4.3.3 (8J2), model MC544LL. This is the video of what happens.

www(dot)mediafire(dot)com(slash)?ej2sx2qnscanxbi

(Sorry about the annoying Lysol ad running in the BG.) The thing I forgot to film is that when I double tap the home button twice after the crash, Art Rage is still running in parked mode.

Perhaps it's not actually a crash but rather a bug in the code telling the app to go into parked mode instead of the gallery. Remember, this is on my iPod, not my iPad. :-) Cheers.

Don56
12-17-2011, 08:22 AM
Just purchased the iPhone version for my iPod Touch 4G, version 4.3.5 (Build 8L1).

Unfortunately I am experiencing the same problem with crashing when pressing the small file icon at the bottom left of the screen. Painting features appear to be working but when I press the folder icon the app shows that it is saving the file and then crashes. Upon double clicking the app is in the running programs area... i.e., not completely shut down).

Note: I have followed your instructions regarding closing all open applications followed by resetting the iPod Touch however the crashing problem continues.

Don

MattRage
12-17-2011, 11:25 PM
Thanks for the further information, we'll check in to it and I'll let you know as soon as I have more information. If there's a general bug in there we'll get it fixed and submit an update as soon as possible.

Don56
12-18-2011, 12:00 AM
Thank you for the timely response Matt. Looking forward to being able to use ArtRage on my iPod Touch. Keep me informed.

Don

MattRage
12-18-2011, 12:22 AM
Aaand a quick update - Found the problem, fixed and submitted for approval.

The files will have been saved, the crash was happening after save completed when the gallery was opening and related to gesture recognizers added in the current version of XCode that had problems on iOS4.3.

As soon as the app is approved it will be uploaded for update, and you should be able to get to the gallery. Thanks for the help finding this, and sorry for the inconvenience!

JWMMakerofMusic
12-18-2011, 02:23 AM
Cool!!

Quick response to the problem and getting it solved = 5 star review!

JWMMakerofMusic
12-20-2011, 06:16 AM
Just got it for iPad as well. The only issue I have is I can't put it down.

Archrise
12-21-2011, 07:13 AM
Confirmed. I picked up the app and have been running it on my iPhone 4, but get the same crash when I try to access the gallery. Any idea how long the update approval process should take? Love the forum access via the app BTW.

Thanks!

MattRage
12-21-2011, 09:50 PM
The review process has usually taken about week for us. I have my fingers crossed that we'll get approved in the next couple of days.

Archrise
12-30-2011, 12:51 AM
Still haven't seen an update. Really looking forward to it. I've enjoyed the bit of painting I've done on the first canvas but can't go any farther as it crashes when I go to the gallery. I imagine there's some delay on the approval due to the holiday?

MattRage
12-30-2011, 02:53 AM
The app is currently listed as being in review so hopefully in the next day or so it will be approved and updated. The app store back-end systems (including approval) closed from the 22nd to the 29th so there was a week delay in there.

Archrise
12-30-2011, 07:48 PM
Great! Thanks so much for the update!