PDA

View Full Version : What is the mona lisa image?

jazzysommers
12-04-2011, 07:16 PM
Hi,

I recently created a layered file in art rage and imported into art rage on the iPad 2. When I try to open the image up in art rage, it shows me a mona lisa image with the no entry icon. What does this mean, and why will my image not open? Are there any restrictions to importing art rage ptg files on the iPad?

Someonesane
12-04-2011, 07:38 PM
The ArtRage App limits the size of the canvases that may be opened (for the sake of memory consumption). You might've made the size of the image being imported to large for the iPad AR app to handle.

jazzysommers
12-04-2011, 07:55 PM
drats...that was the problem, I was hoping that I could get artrage to do a larger canvas size on the iPad, by creating the file in the desktop version of artrage first. Guess it is not to be.

DaveRage
12-04-2011, 10:22 PM
The reason we limit the size on the iPad is due to the iPad's lower memory when compared to your desktop system. Unfortunately if you were able to exceed these limits it would negatively affect the stability of the app as the iPad would be more likely to close the application to free up resources.

The grumpy Mona Lisa may also indicate a corrupt file but it sounds like this isn't the case here.

If you have ArtRage Studio or Studio Pro, you could use script recording on your iPad when you create a new painting, then export the script and play it back on your desktop version to repaint the image at a larger size.