PDA

View Full Version : scripts and Itunes

Saphire
11-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I have exported a script to itunes from within artrage, does anyone know where it has been put. I have loaded itunes on my desktop but can't find it.

Someonesane
11-21-2011, 03:27 PM
I think it gets put into the Sharing space for the App. I don't know about Macs, but the only way I've been able to access this shared file space is by plugging my iPad into my PC system.

With it connected to iTunes, locate your iPad under "Devices", along the left menu, and select it. You should see a set of options across the top of the window now, that read "Summary, Info, Apps, Music, etc...". Click on the Apps option from that selection. You'll then see all of the apps you've downloaded. Along the right side of the window, you'll have a scroll bar. Drag the scroll bar down until you see the File Sharing section of the window. Locate the ArtRage tab under the Apps section, and select it. Any documents you have saved to the Shared file space will now appear under the Documents window, to the right of the Apps section. This section works just like a windows folder, so you may select one, or more files at a time (using the hold Ctrl + Shift method), and drag and drop the files from the Documents window into a file on your computer.

Saphire
11-21-2011, 03:36 PM
Thank you someonesane, I was trying to do it over wifi ,as soon as I plugged my ipad in, the file was there.

On playing the script file back it starts to corrupt while playing back, each time it has been slightly different on the amount of corruption and usually near the end at 80% play mark.

Someonesane
11-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Corrupt in what fashion? Like artifacts appearing, or the tools not responding correctly? I only ask, because the AR team will likely be interested in the details on it. Depending on what it is, it may be something that can be fixed in the code of the script (to fix your particular scripts file), until the AR team can find out why it recorded that way.

Saphire
11-21-2011, 04:31 PM
Here is the file, it starts about 80% the eye on the left corrupt and then the right eye gets a glaze. Could you play it for me and let me know whether it does it for you, it could just be at my end.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12830237/Painting%20Title_012.arscript

DaveRage
11-21-2011, 08:25 PM
Could you possibly export a jpg file of your painting on the iPad and email that to me at support@artrage.com together with the version of Artrage you're using to play back the script on your computer e.g. Studio Pro 3.5.4 and I can do some troubleshooting with you directly. I've played the script here, but it would be good to see the painting it came from so that I can compare the two.

Saphire
11-21-2011, 08:45 PM
Email sent.

DaveRage
11-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Thanks for that! We'll take a look through the script here to see if we can find where the differences are coming from and I'll email you back as soon as I know.

Saphire
11-21-2011, 09:02 PM
No Rush Dave, it is only my test image just to see how scripts work.

Saphire
11-21-2011, 09:27 PM
I have just played another script that I am doing of a squirrel, that seems to play fine, maybe it's just a glitch.;)