PDA

View Full Version : Hehe I use ArtRage for Everything!

Kepster
01-06-2007, 01:01 AM
Well maybe not everything but I sure use it alot :D

Even my old work has benefitted.

One of the features i've found pretty handy is the Import Image. I've used that to help touch up some of my old work with splendid results. For instance I had an old painting I did back in hi school. It was pretty beat up so I cleaned it up and scanned it in. Then I opened it up in AR and went to work to restore the image. I had some prints made up and you can't even tell where it was touched up.

DaveRage
01-08-2007, 12:32 AM
That's really great to hear, always good to know someone's getting good use out of it :)

If you'd like to share some of your work, I'm sure we'd love to see it too!

maror
01-08-2007, 05:54 AM
I also use artrage for very different solutions...since we've got this nice blending modes i never used gimp's drawing functions again...
I also like the amout of tools artrage have this time ... no more no less (..errrm yeah maybe some water.... :P ).....

@Kepster
If i take a look to your avatar i'm with dave: I love to see some of your stuff!

Greez

Kepster
01-08-2007, 03:41 PM
You can see most of my newer stuff on http://kepster.deviantart.com

Here is the painting I restored
http://www.furocious.com/art/furocious-chipmunk.jpg

You can't really see much detail at this scale. Anyway that's my work almost 20 years ago. That was actually my first acrylic.

When I found my painting it was with some other work all beat up and warped. It even had green fuzzies growing on it. The nice thing about acrylic is that it cleans up nice. I soaked it in the bathtub to straiten the cardboard it was stretched on then flattened it between a couple of boards.

Afraid that something else might happen to it and it would be lost for ever I scanned it in my computer. Then I had the brilliant idea of touching up the wear and tear in ArtRage. I'm glad I did :D

DaveRage
01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Nice stuff! I especially like your mexican wolf portrait.