PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a drawing pad please

Diam0nd
01-05-2007, 06:46 PM
Could anyone be so kind to recommend a drawing pad please. For PC of course. Support for Windows Vista would be nice. Any ideas on the matter?

Well, if not, simply tell me which brand of drawing pads is the best :)

Thanks in advance for your answers guys!

Verticae
01-05-2007, 07:03 PM
Nowadays, I think the most safe bet is to go with a Wacom Intuos or a Wacom Graphire. Of course, there's always Wacom's Cintiq line, but those are extremely expensive and should be sent directly to my home, rather than used.

I personally use a Wacom Intuos3 A4, and have never had any complaints whatsoever.

Diam0nd
01-05-2007, 07:17 PM
Nowadays, I think the most safe bet is to go with a Wacom Intuos or a Wacom Graphire. Of course, there's always Wacom's Cintiq line, but those are extremely expensive and should be sent directly to my home, rather than used.

I personally use a Wacom Intuos3 A4, and have never had any complaints whatsoever.
OK. Lemme be more specific. I am looking for a pad for my baby girl. She's not much of a painter, but she really likes to draw and well, I'd like to make her drawing-life a bit easier and get a pad for her. Now, I am too thinking of getting Wacom Graphire series. I am looking at the prices now, and well, all other series seem more suitable for professional drawers. So I guess I'm settling for Graphire-series, right? :)

And btw, I cant really resist getting Wacom after I've bumped into this: http://www.wacom.com/vista/index.cfm
I mean, they support Vista already! And that my friends says A LOT about the way the company works and supports their users :D

Verticae
01-05-2007, 07:18 PM
Yeah, the Graphire series would then most likely be your best bet. :)

Diam0nd
01-05-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah, the Graphire series would then most likely be your best bet. :)
Yeah, I guess so. I mean, all I've seen and heard about Wacom so far... well, they seem to be the "best in business". Great support (i mean, honestly, support for Vista says it all, since it aint even come out yet), good-looking, intuitive and informative web-site (with section on choosing the best pad for you), dealers in many contries, etc. I guess its Wacom Graphire indeed.

Thanks for your answers btw! Appreciate that :))

cripster
01-05-2007, 11:49 PM
Hi Deam0nd

i got a wacom graphire bluetooth, which for me was the way to go no wires to get in the way of my wheelchair, your on the right track as far as wacom goes

I started with a tablet from Dick Smiths, which for your girl might be what you want and you use the wacom

Have loads of fun with what ever you get.

Diam0nd
01-06-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi Deam0nd

i got a wacom graphire bluetooth, which for me was the way to go no wires to get in the way of my wheelchair, your on the right track as far as wacom goes

I started with a tablet from Dick Smiths, which for your girl might be what you want and you use the wacom

Have loads of fun with what ever you get.
Hmmmm, I wonder if there is a bt model in the current Graphire4 line..:)

nexuspolaris
01-08-2007, 09:57 AM
Plaease can anyone post a portrait tutorial, I own a graphire 4 , but I'm beginner in painting so I want to learn a tutorial or how to make portraits from a photo. Can somebody draw a skech of my girlfriend from a photo so I see the result ? Thanks a lot !

Mouse
01-08-2007, 01:59 PM
Wacom tablets also work with linux as well.