PDA

View Full Version : Crashing

darthpolski
08-14-2011, 03:23 PM
I'm new to artrage for iPad and can't fathom why the program keeps dumping paintings that have been saved several times. I've lost six paintings and several hours of work. All rudimentary familiarizations, but nonetheless a confidence reducing proposition. Any insight would be appreciated. Cheers.

DaveRage
08-14-2011, 09:57 PM
It's possible that your iPad is running out of Memory and the OS is closing ArtRage prematurely as a result. In the app, tap on Help, then tap on "memory and speed'. The 'Memory' section on that help page contains information on how to know whether a memory warning has occured, how to avoid low memory situations and what to do to free up memory.

You can also find information on closing parked apps as well as rebooting your iPad fully to free up resources here: http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32970

If you find you're still having problems, please feel free to email me directly at support@artrage.com and let me know what you're seeing, at what point it's happening ( i.e. the last thing you recall doing ) as well as whether you were getting memory warnings or not.

You can also save copies of your current painting by tapping the gallery icon at the bottom of your screen, then choosing 'save a copy'. This will save a copy of your work while leaving the previous file unaffected e.g. mypainting_001, mypainting_002.

( Moving this thread to iPad Technical )

darthpolski
08-15-2011, 09:44 PM
Hello,

Thanks for your timely response to my inquiry. I believe I just need to save the drawing/painting more often than I realized. Finished a piece last night and still have it. Thanks. A great app for someone like me that hasn't painted in 25 years and wants to push some paint around with some of the convenience of not having to mix too many colors, pay for the paint, or clean up the mess.
Cheers.

Saphire
08-16-2011, 10:37 AM
I had the same problem until I purchased XSysinfo from the itunes store.
I created a thread on the program a while back it' great at freeing up memory.
http://www2.ambientdesign.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33915