PDA

View Full Version : Paint stroke delay/tapping parameter?

gb_whisper
08-12-2011, 02:37 PM
I don't know if it's just me. I am using iPad1, ios4 and AR 1.2.0.

The problem is that if I move my finger/stylus too quick, AR would think I am tapping instead of dragging the brush.

I have tried the same gesture in other apps like Sketchbook and Procreate and they all work fine for me. So I am thinking if there is a parameter for 'tapping' gesture. It slows me down somehow.

MattRage
08-13-2011, 11:02 PM
There isn't a single finger tap gesture, but if you're using a tool that requires a lot of processing it's possible that the motion you're making is fast enough that the system isn't detecting the whole stroke. Could you let us know what tool you're using and what size it is set to?

gb_whisper
08-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Well, actually all brushes in any size... What I find out next is even more strange:

I did a little test. If I start a paintstroke with a really low speed, and increase the speed suddenly (as quick as I can), AR can still recognize the whole paintstroke. The test works for all brushes no matter big or small.

So why would it fail when I start with a high speed? In theory they should do the same. You can try that test as well.:confused: