PDA

View Full Version : Waterfalls

Bumble
01-04-2007, 06:06 PM
:D thought I would try and do some waterfalls :D

hanzz
01-04-2007, 06:22 PM
Perfect mood and colors.
One suggestion would be,to do a little airbrushing (softest settings) to blur the strokes in the water a bit, and the dampclouds (right english?) of the waterfalls .

OldLink
01-04-2007, 06:25 PM
Great Bumble! :)

altimaître
01-04-2007, 07:25 PM
so pretty ! very fine !

danbo
01-04-2007, 07:48 PM
Bumble, it is very beautiful. I like this compôsition.
May be you ve forgotten the crocodiles ?
Your control of the light and the different level of green shows that you can go forward and make more complex. This one is a good example of what you ca ndo.
When something is beautifull, in France, peaople congratulate telling to the artist : "Bravo !", It means, really good.

D Akey
01-04-2007, 08:08 PM
I could scarcely believe how good this is. Everything surrounding the water is perfect. . . really exceptional.

The waterfall, as Hanzz says, could be softened.

Right now it's pretty linear and uniformly so = unnatural.

It all depends on how the water is falling how it might be handled. I've seen it falling gently in semi clear sheets where there are merely highlights at the crest, a few here and there as it would be on shaped glass, and white at the base where it hits and foams.

Then there is the white water surging type. That's pretty frothy and . . . well, white.

And there's long drops (much farther than this) where it falls in something like little waves on the way down.

When you master this kind of thing it will be as breathtaking as the real life waterfall.

It's at your fingertips. I can see how you latch onto something and explore it until you nail it -- like skies and foliage.

Keep going! You're awesome.

:D :D :D

jacktar51
01-04-2007, 09:05 PM
Dear Bumble.......This is excellent stuff,try as Hanzz and DAkey suggest....with your airbush on a low pressure setting or the crayon on a very low settingI think this only needs to be blended a little on the water,to make this your best painting,or at least one of your best.....take your time do it carefully,there is a great painting here,we will really have to BEG ANDY FOR A GOOD BLENDER..... Jack.

creationsings
01-04-2007, 09:16 PM
Ooooo...the lighting on this one is just great! I wish I were there listening to the sound it would make.

AndyRage
01-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Nice restful spot you've captured.

drzeller
01-04-2007, 10:49 PM
As others said, this is excellent. Between your skies and fine lanscapes like this, you really have a great toolbox to draw from (pun intended).

David

Peter Pinckney
01-04-2007, 11:21 PM
Oh Bumble.....................just when I thought I was starting to make progress with Bumbleskies you go and paint Bumblefalls.....not fair!

Absolutely beautiful!
I live in France so,as Danbo said, Bravo!

Best to you

Peter

Bumble
01-04-2007, 11:52 PM
Thank You for the advice hanzz(see below) :lol: :D
Oldlink thank You :D
Altimaitre Thank You :D
Thank You Danbo :D
D akey Thank You for the advice :D
Thank You Jack :D
Creationsings Thank You :D
Thank You Andy :D
Drzeller Thank You :D
Thank You Peter :D

I exported the painting to Photoshop and tried to adjust with that but I'm not totally aware of all the settings....but I tried :oops:

The second version I did all in artrage I will have to practice blending a bit more :lol: :oops:

I have to say I prefer Artrage :D :lol:

Lee
01-05-2007, 12:52 AM
Bumbles, Beautiful !! like your first one the best !!! as if you stopped the water in mid-air !!! you are sooooo brave !!!!!!!!!

jacktar51
01-05-2007, 02:36 AM
Bumble......I had a go at doing your waterfall picture,on a copy of your work, and I found it was not quite as straight forward as it at first appears
it is so easy to blurr too much,it is a problem.
your second picture ,with slight blurring is an improvement, I think you did really good Bumble, and you have found the tool for doing leaves then,you have done that skillfully as well, your work is really good these days.....Jack.

kiran
01-05-2007, 04:31 AM
love
dear bumble
...........placid water ..lush greeeeeen...and above all,....small...very small
white flowers gifted lot.
thanx for the glimpse.

.................kiran..............

tweetykiss
01-05-2007, 05:12 AM
That is just breathtaking...have you thought of animating it?

drakeblake
01-05-2007, 09:49 AM
A beautiful work Bumble :D
Anyway i like better the first one, because the blur thing, is just a nice photographic trick. Any fotographer know it, you put a camera in a tripod, and use a long exposition time... the water (being the only thing moving) will appear blurred 'cause of the "moved" effect, while if you watch a water falls live, you wont see any blur. Maybe you could just try to use longher signs and, in some parts, larger brushes... but i think it's no easy to paint water falls, and IMHO you did yet a very nice paint... i like the foliage and the light... just perfect!

DB

jacktar51
01-05-2007, 11:21 AM
I have kept as near to your work as I could, I have changed things,like the lightness and darkness in the water,and the reflection of light,that was the main thing missing I think IMHO....if you object to my alteration please tell me, but I have stayed as close as I could to your own lines, hoping this helps you Bumble,your picture is so good.....Jack.

Bumble
01-05-2007, 12:39 PM
Lee Thank You :D
Kiran Thank You :D
Thank You Tweetykiss :D
Drakeblake thank you for the advice :D
Jack wow :shock: that's amazing I can see from yours adjustment that I need A LOT more practice at this, But I knew when I started that it was going to be a challenge. Thank You very much for that it will give me something to aim for...... :D :lol: :wink:

drzeller
01-05-2007, 02:01 PM
Bumble and jack -- both of your updates were very good. Bumble, I think I like the second ("adjustment") version better than the "Photoshop copy" one. Jack, you've managed to almost create clear sheets of water. Very nice.

Thank you both for sharing.

D.

speggie
01-05-2007, 04:35 PM
hi bubble happy new year girl ..............great image of the falls really love the whole composition ......some great work also from the old sea dog for a sailor he certainly knows his water .........any way must go starting to babble ........pun also intended .....hee

drakeblake
01-05-2007, 05:03 PM
Agreing with Speggie, i think Jack, the old salt, know very well how the light dances with water... indeed, with just some touch of pure white, he caught the target.:wink: (Anytime i find out that "to learn" is a "neverending story")

Thanx to Bumble and thanx to Jack :D

DB

heikki
01-05-2007, 05:12 PM
:)

Hei, fine works, Suzanne.

:)

Verticae
01-05-2007, 05:42 PM
Being slightly tipsy, I can actyually say I went to look for a painting when I saw the first post - I thought you had posted the reference picture.

DaveRage
01-08-2007, 01:09 AM
I especially like the last image here. Very peaceful scene, and quite striking with the deep greens all around.

Bumble
03-13-2007, 11:56 AM
Thought I'd post my last attempt done with the help and guidance of Jack, Hanzz and D Akey....Thank You :D

Aged P
03-13-2007, 03:14 PM
Mega Wow!!!!

Thst just shows what painting can do compared with photograpy!

Not frozen and not smeared, absolutely great!

Phil

Fashmir
03-13-2007, 03:51 PM
I love finding these treasures that I some how miss in the rush of life.

Bumble- This is beautiful work. Your concluding piece is ready for the well lit wall. I love love love waterfalls. You have captured this one with aplomb. Well done.

ENCHANTER
03-13-2007, 05:10 PM
i missed this one....

PERFECT!!

the light hitting the leaves on the left, and the realism of the fall is brill!

:D

tinzo
04-28-2007, 08:53 AM
Wonderful scene Bumble beautifully rendered, just one suggestion to make it perfect, I think it needs some ripples coming out from the cascading water hitting the still water at the bottom of this painting. What do you think?

marian
04-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Really a very beautiful painting Bumble :)
Congratulations to you ........especially the last one posted :!:
Quite stunning :!:

Bumble
04-30-2007, 04:25 PM
Aged P Thank You...... :D
Thank You Fashmir....... :D
Enchanter...Thank You :D :D
Thank You Tinzo....I'll work on some adjustments..... :D :D
Marian Thank You...... :D :D

bupaje
05-01-2007, 06:31 PM
This is stunning bumble. I love it. Have to add waterfall to the list of things to try. Incredible. Awesome. Did I say I liked it? :)

Bumble
05-09-2007, 02:21 PM
Thank You Bupaje....... :D :D

Wikash
06-23-2007, 11:29 AM
this looks allmost real :o

Bumble
06-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Thank You wikash... :D :D

wfd
08-07-2007, 08:30 PM
Love waterfall scenes and this is beautiful. I do a lot of work in Bryce and when I need to do a blurred water effect I bring it into Photoshop or PSP. use the free selection tool to outline all the water then apply a focal or gussian blur to it and the results have been excellent. Just a thought!

wfd

Bumble
08-09-2007, 11:10 AM
Thanks wfd..... :D :D

Bumble
11-12-2007, 04:01 AM
This is for you tinzo... :D :D You suggested that I add some movement to the water at the bottom of the falls.....finally got the confidence to do it! :lol: :lol:

pai
11-12-2007, 04:12 AM
Beautiful enchancement on the water. Your soft palette knife technqiue is awesome. :)

tinzo
11-12-2007, 06:18 PM
Wow Bumble, what a beautiful job you've made of this water enhancements, I think it just gives that final 'ping' to what was a terrific work anyway.

Rowena
11-12-2007, 06:42 PM
WOW, Brian's influence make this one the best of em all IMHO.
Brilliant work Bumble!

ubuntu
04-19-2008, 02:42 PM
AMAZING! I love your work bumble.

vincevancough
06-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Great work, Bumble. The water is simply amazing. :eek::eek::eek:

MidnightCharisma
08-04-2008, 05:08 AM
Fabulous job! The whole scene really compliments each individual part. The waterfall could be a little bit softer, but overall fabulous! It is so peaceful...I wish there was a real place like the one in your painting.;)

tasquith
08-12-2008, 06:44 AM
Terrific feel for the water. It's awe inspiring. How did you manage to pull it off?